That One Minecraft Server We All Play On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm considering making "World" a creative map.

4 posters

Go down

What should we do

I'm considering making "World" a creative map. Vote_lcap50%I'm considering making "World" a creative map. Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 6 ]
I'm considering making "World" a creative map. Vote_lcap50%I'm considering making "World" a creative map. Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

I'm considering making "World" a creative map. Empty I'm considering making "World" a creative map.

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:05 pm

Basically everyone in "world" would have limited give (no tnt, etc) and it would always be day unless people voted night.

For those wondering about the other worlds:
- Skyrim will remain the "Survival map"
- Metropolis is mostly just for show, you're free to add on it in the same style
- world_nether is the nether, we all hope it gets updated to be more fun in 1.8
- CWar is the new smaller castle wars map.
- Ivalice is an adventure map, put on hold till 1.8
- Spirit Wold is a world from/inspired by the movie Spirited Away (I've never seen the movie so don't ask me)
- Dungeon as an offshoot of skyrim. it was randomly generated (and I'll regenerate it every few days) and filled with treasures that can't otherwise be obtained in skyrim

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

I'm considering making "World" a creative map. Empty ?

Post  EZCOFLOUNDER Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:06 pm

so we'll still have everything else what under the "etc"
EZCOFLOUNDER
EZCOFLOUNDER

https://sites.google.com/site/theworkingtitlereviews/

Back to top Go down

I'm considering making "World" a creative map. Empty Re: I'm considering making "World" a creative map.

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:15 pm

tnt is all can think of. there'd be no fire spread of course.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

I'm considering making "World" a creative map. Empty what about obsidean

Post  blacknova777 Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:55 pm

That can be quite annoying sometimes

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

I'm considering making "World" a creative map. Empty Re: I'm considering making "World" a creative map.

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:06 pm

blacknova777 wrote:That can be quite annoying sometimes

what can? fire spread?

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  Trunks Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:43 am

Dude were you drunk? I really dont want to play in skyrim because I just hate that style of playing, so I hang out in world. But then you come along and take away TNT, I can live with that I guess. But today I saw that World Edit was removed from all editors, which really got me pissed, because thats really the only way for me to get stuff built (My broken wrist) in a decent time. So now in both worlds, all OPs and Editors are basically de-ranked to the average player, which puts me in a stranglehold wondering which world to play in and what to do.

If I play in Skyrim I have to gather resources and I wont be able to build efficiently

If I play in World Im no different from anybody else and I dont have the WE that I previously had

Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  batman Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:13 pm

WE is disable for today because I am away and it causes most crashes. I took TNT away after you caused us to lose seven hours in World by using waaay too much TNT at once. At least when nova used to set off huge amounts of TNT he'd warn me to back up first.

batman

Back to top Go down

I'm considering making "World" a creative map. Empty the title man

Post  blacknova777 Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:01 pm

HeyLookoverthere wrote:

what can? fire spread?

It was the obsidean

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

I'm considering making "World" a creative map. Empty no!!

Post  JJ Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:14 pm

I think you should leave it as it is. In 1.8 hes releasing some creative mode on beta servers i think that will do fine

JJ

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:33 pm

for the record I changed it yesterday and so far no one has noticed/complained. Changes:

-everyone has give (except apples, tnt, maybe I should add lava?)
-it only takes 10% of the votes to make it day, rather than 50% (I've yet to find a good multiworld always day plugin)
-weather is disabled

If these changes really outrage people, I'll change it back.

Also JJ when 1.8 comes out we will have yet another map, the 1.8 map (any new chunks generated on current maps will of course have 1.8 features, but this way there will be a full 1.8 world)

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:35 pm

blacknova777 wrote:
HeyLookoverthere wrote:

what can? fire spread?

It was the obsidean

I still don't understand, what's the problem with obsidian?

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

I'm considering making "World" a creative map. Empty NVM

Post  blacknova777 Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:13 pm

HeyLookoverthere wrote:
blacknova777 wrote:
HeyLookoverthere wrote:

what can? fire spread?

It was the obsidean

I still don't understand, what's the problem with obsidian?
Never mind

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

I'm considering making "World" a creative map. Empty -_-

Post  EZCOFLOUNDER Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:42 pm

ok now that everyone has gme its getting out oh hand i had to clean up a ton of empty chests people left from the deathpile which is nice but not when the noobs dont pick it up and just gme all new stuff and the lava aahhhh almost the whole area below the flag was lava gme for everyone not such a good idea but deathpile is
EZCOFLOUNDER
EZCOFLOUNDER

https://sites.google.com/site/theworkingtitlereviews/

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:54 am

EZCOFLOUNDER wrote:ok now that everyone has gme its getting out oh hand i had to clean up a ton of empty chests people left from the deathpile which is nice but not when the noobs dont pick it up and just gme all new stuff and the lava aahhhh almost the whole area below the flag was lava gme for everyone not such a good idea but deathpile is

Yeah I removed lava from the /gme list. I've spoken to the deathpile guy about making it so people with no items when they die won't drop chests, and that the deathpile chests disappear once they are emptied

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down