That One Minecraft Server We All Play On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plugin Idea: Powers

+18
ManWithNoNameJr
Kamyarm007
puffpuff26
repete8
blacknova777
hotdogboy666
SkippertheNewt
bobby16may
Air_spike
GeorgeIpsum
HeyLookoverthere
Sunday_verified
JJoiler
LinkCLX
FyreCat
B4ckst4b
FSCarver
sirrus86
22 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Plugin Idea: Powers - Page 3 Empty Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  SkippertheNewt Sun May 13, 2012 12:24 am

just cookies...free cookie powers are good.
SkippertheNewt
SkippertheNewt

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Sun May 13, 2012 2:33 am

Skipper_the_Newt wrote:just cookies...free cookie powers are good.

Yeah yeah I'll get you your damn cookies
sirrus86
sirrus86

https://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Sun May 13, 2012 9:08 am

Some more changes:

FyreCat
Fyre Aura - Added smoke effect to simulate sizzling when Fyre is in water or rained on. Now makes snow (not snow blocks) and ice melt when stepped on.

SkipperTheNewt
Chocolate Rain - When Skip is hungry she gets cookies... FROM THE SKY. While outside it will rain cookies near you until any one of several thresholds are met (regained hunger, holds enough cookies, too many cookies on the ground). After testing, if you just sit there and let it happen, you'll end up with about 3 full stacks of cookies. Happy?

TheClownOfCrime
Vampric Strike - Clown absorbs 50% of all damage he causes to enemies.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  SkippertheNewt Sun May 13, 2012 2:27 pm

sirrus86 wrote:Some more changes:

FyreCat
Fyre Aura - Added smoke effect to simulate sizzling when Fyre is in water or rained on. Now makes snow (not snow blocks) and ice melt when stepped on.

SkipperTheNewt
Chocolate Rain - When Skip is hungry she gets cookies... FROM THE SKY. While outside it will rain cookies near you until any one of several thresholds are met (regained hunger, holds enough cookies, too many cookies on the ground). After testing, if you just sit there and let it happen, you'll end up with about 3 full stacks of cookies. Happy?

TheClownOfCrime
Vampric Strike - Clown absorbs 50% of all damage he causes to enemies.

Huzzah! cookies! thanks >Very Happy
SkippertheNewt
SkippertheNewt

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Tue May 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Moar changes!

Epic_Avenger29
Supercharge - Anytime Epic is struck by lightning he's healed by the damage, and gains a 3-minute damage and speed increase, along with a 10-second fire resist in case the lightning causes any fire. Too bad lightning rarely hits players... What to do...

Thunder Bow - All arrows shot by Epic that hit an enemy cause lightning to strike them, dealing lightning damage rather than the arrow damage. See someone about to do battle with a Creeper? Shoot it to make it become a SUPERCREEPER! Link too overpowered for you with his pig minions? Shoot them to turn them into Pig Zombies, neutralizing his power! Want to gain the Supercharge effect? Aim a weak shot straight up, then "catch" it!

SkipperTheNewt
Chocolate Rain - Added an additional threshold: After 32 cookies have fallen the effect will end until the other requirements are met again.

TheClownOfCrime
Vampiric Strike - Damage absorbtion will restore hunger first if hunger is depleted at all. If hunger is full it will begin restoring health instead.

Hidden Effect
Hint: Everyone can get them, but yours will stand out.

Version 1.1 is now considered finished. I will be emailing it to Hlot to be added to the server.

Want a power? Don't like your current ones? Speak up now to get them in 1.2!
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  LinkCLX Tue May 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Something to counter my powers for once? :O

LinkCLX

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Wed May 16, 2012 9:01 am

Changes for 1.1.1:

Air_spike
Pyro Blade - Blocking now reduces incoming damage by 66% instead of 50%.

bobby16may
Aquatic - Changed name to Aquaphile. Being in water or being hit by a snowball now regenerates health.
Snow Miser - Snowballs thrown at yourself no longer cause you to freeze yourself.

Epic_Avenger29
Thunder Bow - One of the server's plugins (presumably WorldGuard) is preventing the lightning effect from occurring, resulting in making Epic's perk and ability useless. I'm in the process of finding a solution. In the meantime, both Supercharge and Thunder Bow are disabled.

FyreCat
Fyre Aura - Fixed an issue where health was not recovered from fireballs (and caused errors) if FyreCat's health is at 9.5.
Fyre Arrow - Arrows shot while at or below 2.5 health become incendiary, causing a fiery explosion when they hit an enemy. Explosion causes no structural or entity damage.

JJoiler
Gunblade - Only three arrows can be shot at a time. This is only to prevent the "rapid-fire" bug that can sometimes occur, and shouldn't otherwise handicap the ability.

Edit: Due to an error in the coding of Fyre Aura (see above), I had to send Hlot a fixed version, which includes the above changes. As further updates are made, they will be considered as part of version 1.2.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Thu May 17, 2012 11:12 am

Going forward any player who has either a perk or an ability, but not both, will eventually get a placeholder (P) applied to them if no viable requests are received. These are perks/abilities I've come up with that try to follow a similar trend to the pre-existing perk or ability. If you like it, great. If not it can be removed or changed.

Changes so far for 1.2:

FSCarver
Bulwark (P) - Blocking with a sword negates all forms of direct damage (melee, projectiles, etc). Of course efficient blocking has its costs; hunger drops by 0.5 per second while blocking, and damage negated by blocking is transferred to the equipped weapon. HOWEVER successfully blocking makes Carver gain the intended damage as hunger, allowing him to prolong the effect if the enemy continues their assault.

heylookoverthere
So what happens when someone asks me to make a power so unique, so off the wall that there's little to no documentation ANYWHERE on the interwebs of where to even start?
I FUCKIN MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Plugin Idea: Powers - Page 3 2012-015
Decoy - Non-player entities right-clicked on with a blaze rod turns them into copies of the player. These copies continue to behave like their original entity type (decoyed sheep still eat grass, decoyed skeletons shoot arrows, etc), but otherwise can be indistinguishable from a real player. Currently only shows up for players in the immediate vicinity, resets after players relog or move far enough away and return (uses packets, so will just need to recode so packets are resent several times rather than just once). Currently consumes the blaze rod, will probably add a time limit so decoyed entities revert after a period of time.

Edit: Sorry if I got your hopes up, but... After some testing, it turns out the way I coded Decoy the first time is probably as good as it's going to get. The ability basically relies on attaching the effect to an entity id. Unfortunately, when there are no players near the entity, its id changes (or it despawns in some cases). For this reason I'm not sure how to keep the packet alive when no one is around. Using a repeating task for this caused noticeable slowdown on my test server, and made the effect look too unnatural to serve its purpose. So at this time, in a nutshell, this ability will only function when your enemy is within viewing distance, granted they don't walk too far away before encountering your decoy.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  FSCarver Thu May 17, 2012 5:50 pm

sirrus86 wrote:
FSCarver
Bulwark (P) - Blocking with a sword negates all forms of direct damage (melee, projectiles, etc). Of course efficient blocking has its costs; hunger drops by 0.5 per second while blocking, and damage negated by blocking is transferred to the equipped weapon. HOWEVER successfully blocking makes Carver gain the intended damage as hunger, allowing him to prolong the effect if the enemy continues their assault.

Ehm yeah, is it possible to get rid of that?

FSCarver

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Thu May 17, 2012 6:36 pm

FSCarver wrote:
sirrus86 wrote:
FSCarver

Ehm yeah, is it possible to get rid of that?

You got it.

Like I said, just trying to fill in gaps. Let me know if you have any other ideas for an ability.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Thu May 17, 2012 6:48 pm

sirrus86 wrote:Going forward any player who has either a perk or an ability, but not both, will eventually get a placeholder (P) applied to them if no viable requests are received. These are perks/abilities I've come up with that try to follow a similar trend to the pre-existing perk or ability. If you like it, great. If not it can be removed or changed.

Changes so far for 1.2:

FSCarver

heylookoverthere
So what happens when someone asks me to make a power so unique, so off the wall that there's little to no documentation ANYWHERE on the interwebs of where to even start?
I FUCKIN MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Decoy - Non-player entities right-clicked on with a blaze rod turns them into copies of the player. These copies continue to behave like their original entity type (decoyed sheep still eat grass, decoyed skeletons shoot arrows, etc), but otherwise can be indistinguishable from a real player. Currently only shows up for players in the immediate vicinity, resets after players relog or move far enough away and return (uses packets, so will just need to recode so packets are resent several times rather than just once). Currently consumes the blaze rod, will probably add a time limit so decoyed entities revert after a period of time.

Edit: Sorry if I got your hopes up, but... After some testing, it turns out the way I coded Decoy the first time is probably as good as it's going to get. The ability basically relies on attaching the effect to an entity id. Unfortunately, when there are no players near the entity, its id changes (or it despawns in some cases). For this reason I'm not sure how to keep the packet alive when no one is around. Using a repeating task for this caused noticeable slowdown on my test server, and made the effect look too unnatural to serve its purpose. So at this time, in a nutshell, this ability will only function when your enemy is within viewing distance, granted they don't walk too far away before encountering your decoy.

Wow. I have no words. Limitations aside that's really awesome. you should consider releasing it as a stand alone plugin so people on other servers can use it.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Fri May 18, 2012 10:53 am

HeyLookoverthere wrote:Wow. I have no words. Limitations aside that's really awesome. you should consider releasing it as a stand alone plugin so people on other servers can use it.

I might, though the limitations drive me nuts, enough so that I consider it handicapped as a power.

Updates for 1.2:

FSCarver
Bulwark - Removed.

heylookoverthere
Decoy - Still requires blaze rod but does not consume it, since they're fairly rare anyway. Decoys are now spawned holding whatever item is in the caster's first item slot (so if you put a sword in the first slot of your hotbar, the decoy will spawn holding the sword). Decoys do not wear armor. Effect only lasts while players are present.

Sonar - Checks surrounding area for other players, then reports players' names and distance to the originating player. Requires a clock to be in your inventory. Will report every 30 seconds, unless you equip the clock, where it will report every second. I WANTED to use the compass for this, but then I remembered we have, like, a thousand plugins that use the compass for different things. Since Decoy requires that you be within viewing distance of your enemy, but works best if they don't know you're there, Sonar seemed to be a good complimentary perk for it.

onlycoops
Holy Aura (P) - Attack power of all nearby players is constantly augmented, while speed and attack power of all nearby monsters is decreased. Effect level increases when standing in brighter-lit areas.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  bobby16may Fri May 18, 2012 2:16 pm

sirrus86 wrote:Going forward any player who has either a perk or an ability, but not both, will eventually get a placeholder (P) applied to them if no viable requests are received. These are perks/abilities I've come up with that try to follow a similar trend to the pre-existing perk or ability. If you like it, great. If not it can be removed or changed.

Changes so far for 1.2:

FSCarver

heylookoverthere
I FUCKIN MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Wait a sec...minecarts are entities, right? that means we can RIDE HLOT!
bobby16may
bobby16may

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Fri May 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Well, I coded it to only work on creatures, but... if you REALLY wanna ride Hlot I can make it work Razz
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Fri May 18, 2012 9:40 pm

sirrus86 wrote:Well, I coded it to only work on creatures, but... if you REALLY wanna ride Hlot I can make it work Razz

Random thought, but could you make so if you're in a minecart going down a track and the track ends it auto lays down track in front of you as you go?

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Sat May 19, 2012 6:13 am

HeyLookoverthere wrote:Random thought, but could you make so if you're in a minecart going down a track and the track ends it auto lays down track in front of you as you go?

I'm sure I could, but probably only in a straight line (pathfinding is every plugin developer's nightmare from what I've seen). Want me to make a plugin that does that?
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sat May 19, 2012 8:01 am

sirrus86 wrote:
HeyLookoverthere wrote:Random thought, but could you make so if you're in a minecart going down a track and the track ends it auto lays down track in front of you as you go?

I'm sure I could, but probably only in a straight line (pathfinding is every plugin developer's nightmare from what I've seen). Want me to make a plugin that does that?

It might be cool, but it's by no means urgent. I'm not even sure what I'd do with it. I'd say focus on your powers and battle plugins.

Hopefully the mod API will actually add new features for developers when they finally release it.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Sat May 19, 2012 5:15 pm

Update for 1.2:

FSCarver
Phasewalk - Using a piece of lapis lazuli, Carver phases out of reality, becoming invisible. While phased, he can move through thin walls, and takes no damage from anything. Unfortunately, he also can't hurt anyone or destroy/place blocks. Health and hunger will also remain static; he can't recover either while phased (but again, he also doesn't lose them).
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Plugin Idea: Powers - Page 3 Empty Ghast breath

Post  hotdogboy666 Sat May 19, 2012 7:21 pm

a mask that looks like a ghast face, that shoots a fire ball, and consumes 10 coal when used

hotdogboy666

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Sat May 19, 2012 7:46 pm

hotdogboy666 wrote:a mask that looks like a ghast face, that shoots a fire ball, and consumes 10 coal when used

Masks require altering the player model somehow, which plugins by themselves can't do. Aside from that ghasts tend to be very destructive so if possible I'm trying to avoid them. Also I can't create new items, but I can alter the behavior of existing ones.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Plugin Idea: Powers - Page 3 Empty Might of the Blaze

Post  hotdogboy666 Sat May 19, 2012 7:50 pm

sirrus86 wrote:
hotdogboy666 wrote:a mask that looks like a ghast face, that shoots a fire ball, and consumes 10 coal when used

Masks require altering the player model somehow, which plugins by themselves can't do. Aside from that ghasts tend to be very destructive so if possible I'm trying to avoid them. Also I can't create new items, but I can alter the behavior of existing ones.

Oh, okay, then just a button command like pressing P sends a simple fire ball a blaze would, and call it "Might of the Blaze"???

hotdogboy666

Back to top Go down

Post  LinkCLX Sat May 19, 2012 7:52 pm

hotdogboy666 wrote:
sirrus86 wrote:

Oh, okay, then just a button command like pressing P sends a simple fire ball a blaze would, and call it "Might of the Blaze"???
I remember sirrus saying you cannot use keys for abilities, although rightclicking with coal could work.

LinkCLX

Back to top Go down

Post  hotdogboy666 Sat May 19, 2012 7:58 pm

LinkCLX wrote:
hotdogboy666 wrote:
sirrus86 wrote:

I remember sirrus saying you cannot use keys for abilities, although rightclicking with coal could work.

Oh, Okay sorry, didn't see the no key thing

hotdogboy666

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Sun May 20, 2012 4:15 am

LinkCLX wrote:I remember sirrus saying you cannot use keys for abilities, although rightclicking with coal could work.

That's correct, though in some cases there are workarounds. For example, pressing W makes your character move forward, which is an event I can hook into.

Idea I have is this: right-clicking with a blaze rod makes you launch a fireball, uses 1 coal per shot. Problem is, if you've seen other peoples' perks, you're actually giving them a bigger advantage.

JJoiler can catch your fireball, then potentially use it against you.
FyreCat will be healed by your fireball.

The other thing I learned about blaze fireballs when I was making JJ's ability is, for some reason, they don't render well or at all when called manually. You can shoot it, it'll be there, and it'll ignite whatever it hits, but nobody will see it.

I asuggest you take a look at other peoples' abilities and perks, and maybe come up with something to make yourself stand out a bit more? In the beginning this would have been a decent ability, but compared to what people have now, you're not gonna stand out much.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  FSCarver Sun May 20, 2012 6:28 am

sirrus86 wrote:

JJoiler can catch your fireball, then potentially use it against you.
FyreCat will be healed by your fireball.
FSCarver would die in an instant. Sad

FSCarver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next