That One Minecraft Server We All Play On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Battle Plugin

+2
TheClownOfCrime
HeyLookoverthere
6 posters

Go down

New Battle Plugin Empty New Battle Plugin

Post  HeyLookoverthere Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:09 am

So we have this new team deathmatch plugin that is pretty fun. Anytime you have enough people to play just have everyone do /fight. (you must have an empty inventory) They'll be put on teams and sent to the lounge where each member must choose a class by punching a sign. Once your team is ready punch the iron-block. When both teams are ready the battle will begin. If you are killed you will be teleported above the arena to view the rest of the battle. Players on top of the arena will be slowly healed/fed for the next match.

If you want out of the arena you can do /fight leave if that doesn't work try /fight and then /fight leave

Plugin:
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/battlenight/

Classes: (extremely open to suggestions for balancing/adding more)
Demoman:
items: 46:4,302,303,304,305,344:2,70:4,331:12
tnt, chain armor, redstone, pressure plates, two egg grenades
IMPORTANT: when using this class you must use the '/grenade' command once to enable egg grenades.

Mage:
items: 280,260:3,354,314
Stick, 3 apples (heal mp and a little health) gold helmet, cake
Only has spells: Fireball, Entomb, Heal (others)

Knight:
items: 267,310,311,312,313
Iron sword, diamond armor.

Archer:
items: 268,261,262:64,298,299,300,301,319
Berserker:
items: 276
Diamond sword, no armor or food

Pyro:
items: 259,327,326,360,298,303,300,301
flint and steel, bucket of lava + water, leather armor with chain shirt

Builder:
items: 278,352:12,297:4,42:32,45:32,65:32,258
iron axe, diamond pick,bones, some blocks to build with, ladders , 4 bread

Main map so far:

New Battle Plugin Fight%252520%2525281%252529

New Battle Plugin Fight%252520%2525282%252529

If you'd like to make your own battle map, goto the narnia world and section off an area in glass with //outline 20 then start building. When it's done ask me to set it up for you.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

New Battle Plugin Empty Class Ideas

Post  TheClownOfCrime Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Class Ideas cheers :

Cleric/Medic: gets cake and heal

Hunter: Wooden sword and a pet wolf

Berserker Improvements: Give them one or 2 pieces of leather.

Druid/naturist: Grows trees and uses wood weapons and items
TheClownOfCrime
TheClownOfCrime

Back to top Go down

New Battle Plugin Empty Re: New Battle Plugin

Post  EZCOFLOUNDER Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:20 am

Sad[/img][img]New Battle Plugin 2011-110[/img]

my pvp i made tonight sword base off of halo reach
EZCOFLOUNDER
EZCOFLOUNDER

https://sites.google.com/site/theworkingtitlereviews/

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:57 am

EZCOFLOUNDER wrote: Sad[/img][img]New Battle Plugin 2011-110[/img]

my pvp i made tonight sword base off of halo reach

That's amazing, we'll have to test it today. How much longer were you working on it after I logged of last night?

Edit: I went in and set up spawns, put up class signs. The only problem I can foresee is that the iron block is the ready block material, and there's a bug where if you hit once during the fight it warps everyone back to spawn. This map is mostly iron blocks. I'm going to find a way to change the "ready block" to something else, maybe mobspawner.

Last edited by HeyLookoverthere on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

New Battle Plugin Empty My own new class ideas and thought on the future

Post  HeyLookoverthere Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:27 am

Creeper - is /md as a creeper and can use /explode to suicide bomb.

Berserker - will be given /cast haste and maybe a little armor.

Summoner - Mage with only the summon spells (Creeper/spider/Zombie/steve) Worth noting that I can't stop the summoned monsters from killing your team.

some sort of support/buff mage?

Dragoon - has a weaker version of leap spell to get over walls, less fall damage overall. Now that I think about it why doesn't MC have spears?

Cleric - Someone said eating cake blocks doesn't seem to heal. this class will start with a brewing stand and potion materials/bottles (after 1.9)

Gunner - an archer with old-style bows (you remember, they'd shoot like 4 arrows a second.) his arrows will do minor damage, way less than regular arrows (not sure if someone has made an "old style bows" plugin yet, so this one might be a ways off)

spy - The trick here is getting a list of the enemy team and randomly /mding the player as someone on the list. Not sure what weapons they would have. Enderpearl?

I like the animal dude idea, but I'm not sure how to reliably spawn one wolf per member of the class per round. I will think on it.

I have no idea how 1.9 will effect this. I know they weakened sword damage, obviously the exp/leveling will throw a kink in things. Hopefully we can disable level gaining on a per-world basis so that everyone is always on equal footing in the warzone. Otherwise I'll try and set each fighters exp to a set amount, and before the battle you assign skill points how you please, so you could be a knight with more strength or a mage that runs faster. I only played with enchantments for a minute, but they cost exp and the effect is random so it's sorta annoying.

I do hope to implement carver's idea where people on the other team do not have names above their heads. This involves either me convincing the guy who manages the plugin to do it, or me doing it myself. If I do it myself I have to keep recompiling it each time he adds a new feature we want or bukkit updates and it's a pain (I've been down that road with magicspells and MD.) so I'm waiting for him to do all the things we want, (like this: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/battlenight/tickets/4-suggestion-to-enhance-user-defined-classes/ ) and if he doesn't update in a timely fashion I'll cave and start editing the plugin myself.

Known bugs
-Hitting the ready block, or any iron block, after the game is started will teleport all fighters back to their spawn. This is annoying. Don't do it.
-Sometimes you can get your name stuck on a sign, but not be considered in that class. do /fight leave and then /fight
-right now anyone with a stick can use magic, you don't have to be a mage. waiting on plugin update
-Most people can't cast spells with the stick unless they first run the command /cast fireball. No idea on this one, just sorta hoping it goes away in the next update.
-demoman has to use /grenade before he can use egg grenades, I will eventually try to automate that. Maybe make it so only he can use grenades?
-worldguard does not block the spawning of endermen, so they're annoying sometimes.
-very rarely the end of the battle crashes the server, I think because it's warping the players to another world and then trying to access inventory items they no longer have. for this reason the lounges and spectator areas should be set in the same world as the spawns/battles. I guess the exit should too but then people can't get out if no mods are around.
-when people leave the game who are not in the fight, it still says they left the fight.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  EZCOFLOUNDER Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:40 am

yeah i didnt thing about the iron blocks hmm but yeah i was up till 5ish working on it
EZCOFLOUNDER
EZCOFLOUNDER

https://sites.google.com/site/theworkingtitlereviews/

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:31 pm

*revives ancient topic*

I've more or less finished adapting my mob arena into a Warzone arena. It's right next to the pre-existing warzone.
New Battle Plugin 2012-012
The blue team base is at the top of the arena, the red team base is underground.
sirrus86
sirrus86

https://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  FyreCat Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:44 pm

sirrus86 wrote:*revives ancient topic*

I've more or less finished adapting my mob arena into a Warzone arena. It's right next to the pre-existing warzone.
The blue team base is at the top of the arena, the red team base is underground.
that is epic
FyreCat
FyreCat

Back to top Go down

Post  FyreCat Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:48 pm

Can i add a few chests?
FyreCat
FyreCat

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Go ahead.
sirrus86
sirrus86

https://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:38 am

FyreCat wrote:
sirrus86 wrote:*revives ancient topic*

that is epic

Holy shit dude.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:24 pm

The snapshot for warzone now includes Sirrus' map and Antigrav's boat map so they can be //restored. I'll load in flounders halo map soon, it's still in narnia.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  FSCarver Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:44 pm

The original map has some minor damage to two of the bridges.
One is partly burned down, and another one has been eggrenaded.

We'd have to repair that manually and make another snapshot

FSCarver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down