That One Minecraft Server We All Play On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why am I demoted?

+5
GeorgeIpsum
sirrus86
FSCarver
CRAZZY_Beast2
blacknova777
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

why am I demoted? Empty why am I demoted?

Post  blacknova777 Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:14 pm

clown gave me a warning I followed it whats the issue here?

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

why am I demoted? Empty Re: why am I demoted?

Post  CRAZZY_Beast2 Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:43 pm

I hate when he does that.

CRAZZY_Beast2

Back to top Go down

Post  FSCarver Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:04 pm

Honestly I forgot what the reason for your demotion was.
All I know is it had something to do with TNT and repeated warnings

CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:I hate when he does that.
It was just your name that kept coming up on our weekly 'Wheel-O-Demotion'.

FSCarver

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:48 pm

Nova's rollback wasn't working. To test it he blew up someone else's structure with several TNT (with the structure's owner, me, and Clown right there telling him not to). Clown gave him a warning. That would leave him on thin ice as is. Wouldn't take much to lead to a demotion at that point.
sirrus86
sirrus86

https://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknova777 Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:51 pm

sirrus86 wrote:Nova's rollback wasn't working. To test it he blew up someone else's structure with several TNT (with the structure's owner, me, and Clown right there telling him not to). Clown gave him a warning. That would leave him on thin ice as is. Wouldn't take much to lead to a demotion at that point.

Except I didn't do anything right on the line but didn't cross it

So does nobody know why I'm demoted? Speak now or forever hold your peace

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

Post  CRAZZY_Beast2 Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:34 pm

blacknova777 wrote:
sirrus86 wrote:Nova's rollback wasn't working. To test it he blew up someone else's structure with several TNT (with the structure's owner, me, and Clown right there telling him not to). Clown gave him a warning. That would leave him on thin ice as is. Wouldn't take much to lead to a demotion at that point.

You obviously did not read that correctly.To test it he blew up someone else's structure with several TNT (with the structure's owner, me, and Clown right there telling him not to)

CRAZZY_Beast2

Back to top Go down

Post  GeorgeIpsum Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:04 pm

CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:
blacknova777 wrote:

You obviously did not read that correctly.To test it he blew up someone else's structure with several TNT (with the structure's owner, me, and Clown right there telling him not to)

<_<
Literally forgot to read the sentence right after that one.
GeorgeIpsum
GeorgeIpsum

http://sciencethebear.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknova777 Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:00 pm

CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:
blacknova777 wrote:

Yeah and I fixed it clown gave me a warning so again why am I demoted?

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:50 pm

blacknova777 wrote:Yeah and I fixed it clown gave me a warning so again why am I demoted?

I wasn't there when it happened, but regardless I've got a good idea what could've happened. (By the way, this goes for everyone)

With rank comes power, and (not to be cliche) with power comes responsibility. To be given such power is a gesture of trust in that you'll use the power responsibly. The more power you have, the more you're trusted. You were an editor -- an editor can use WorldEdit to create huge, instant changes in any given world practically undetected. Relative to what defaults and mods can do, that's a lot of power all on its own. Someone somewhere along the line trusted you enough to give you that power. Someone with power, who valued this server enough that they wanted to share that power with you in hopes that you would, like them, contribute to making the server a better place somehow.

So when, while possessing that power, you go and blow up someone else's structure to test something depite being told not to, that trust comes into question. I don't know who promoted you but I doubt they did it so you could blow up people's stuff. Our trust in you, your power, your responsibility, it all comes into question.

This is where my theory comes to possibly answer your question. Yes Clown told you you'd get another chance, but unfortunately, as often happens, your days as an editor became numbered. With our trust in you compromised, all it would take is a small spark to trigger action. It wouldn't take much; hell someone could've even lied and said you did something, or someone did a LogBlock and found that you placed TNT somewhere, even if you didn't detonate it. By this point it doesn't matter; the fact that we don't trust you makes you incredibly vulnerable, and literally anything could put it over the edge.

All that said, there's a lot to take from this. Believe it or not, this is one of those life lessons we all gotta learn at some point. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Paying for a crime doesn't negate the fact that you committed it in the first place; just because you patched the structure doesn't make it okay that you blew it up. It's one of those concepts people learn from peers, if it's new to you I sincerely hope you take the opportunity to learn it.

So what to do from here? Well if you want your rank back, start with repairing trust. It's easy: just don't do stuff to make us not trust you. As I hope you've learned by now, blowing up someone else's stuff is not an effective trust-building exercise. Learn from it, grow from it, move on, and I'm sure you'll get your rank back at some point.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknova777 Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:14 pm

Yeah I guess your right

Last edited by blacknova777 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:50 pm; edited 5 times in total

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

Post  LinkCLX Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:36 pm

Why does this sound like you're trying to play the sympathy card?

LinkCLX

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknova777 Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:41 pm

LinkCLX wrote:Why does this sound like you're trying to play the sympathy card?

One sec I'm not done typing

I'm also putting up a wall of text so be prepared, I'm saving it by editing

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:49 pm

@sirrius, I am not trying to be condescending in any way, nova has been here since the beginning. he was a mod with me before you were around.....

Admin
Admin

https://minecraftserverforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknova777 Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:03 am

Yeah no I'm not going to finish it, being completely honest I kinda want a second chance because I need WE to finish all my projects (sigh a lot of projects I didn't finish ) but alas oh well if the server doesn't trust me anymore then it's no fun, so of the people of the server my destiny is up to you,

Yeah maybe I'll finish it maybe a year or two. Gonna be a book then.

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:36 am

Admin wrote:@sirrius, I am not trying to be condescending in any way, nova has been here since the beginning. he was a mod with me before you were around.....

I wasn't aware of this. I meant no disrespect with anything I said, but if it came across that way I apologize.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:26 pm

Admin wrote:@sirrius, I am not trying to be condescending in any way, nova has been here since the beginning. he was a mod with me before you were around.....

This really doesn't factor into it as much as people like to think.

Stats from /totalplaytime <player>

Blacknova777 has been online for 9 days, 7 hours, 54 minutes, 54 seconds.

conmurf has been online for 1 day, 4 hours,45 minutes, 5 seconds.

Sirrus86 has been online for 30 days, 8 hours, 45 minutes, 18 seconds.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknova777 Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:35 pm

HeyLookoverthere wrote:

This really doesn't factor into it as much as people like to think.

Stats from /totalplaytime <player>

Blacknova777 has been online for 9 days, 7 hours, 54 minutes, 54 seconds.

conmurf has been online for 1 day, 4 hours,45 minutes, 5 seconds.

Sirrus86 has been online for 30 days, 8 hours, 45 minutes, 18 seconds.

30 days! (does the math) thats 728 hours!

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

Post  FSCarver Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:49 pm

I played 71 days Very Happy

FSCarver

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknova777 Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:50 pm

FSCarver wrote:I played 71 days Very Happy

o.0

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

Post  Hafiz550 Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:11 pm

Geeze this server seem to have gotten uptight haha.

Reading and re-reading this topic, I have to side with nova, I can't see why he was demoted. You say he blew something up (which how its being said) seems like it might have been an accident (or not) like it could have been set off by accident (OR NOT). Either way he got a warning no?

I also agree with Con saying hes been longer (not as in play time) and I've known him longer. I think with nova's history I think it would be fair to at least give him a better reason to demote him. Reading the post (which is kinda confusing me...) the reason is just of an assumption? I Never ban/demote with just assumption. I base those things with evidence and if the accused lies.

This brings me to Nova telling me he didn't do blow anything afterwards (Re-Confirm this Nova?) With this I give him my trust which is very hard to gain back if broken.

Now the srs bsns part of the post is written heres a cherry in memory of Taters! cherry

Hafiz550

Back to top Go down

Post  FSCarver Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Taters left?
Well damn...

FSCarver

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Hafiz550 wrote:Geeze this server seem to have gotten uptight haha.

Reading and re-reading this topic, I have to side with nova, I can't see why he was demoted. You say he blew something up (which how its being said) seems like it might have been an accident (or not) like it could have been set off by accident (OR NOT). Either way he got a warning no?

I also agree with Con saying hes been longer (not as in play time) and I've known him longer. I think with nova's history I think it would be fair to at least give him a better reason to demote him. Reading the post (which is kinda confusing me...) the reason is just of an assumption? I Never ban/demote with just assumption. I base those things with evidence and if the accused lies.

This brings me to Nova telling me he didn't do blow anything afterwards (Re-Confirm this Nova?) With this I give him my trust which is very hard to gain back if broken.

Now the srs bsns part of the post is written heres a cherry in memory of Taters! cherry

A week or so ago people first contacted me saying nova was heading towards a banning. I gave nova a friendly warning, he told me it was a misunderstanding and that he'd try to play better with others. Then the next time I check he's banned for blowing up someone's city in the only world on the server that doesn't have logblock. Then he comes here to make a defense, types a paragraph that means NOTHING (that he has since edited out of his post.) and declines to even bother finishing it...

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  Hafiz550 Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:30 pm

So if that's true why does it seems there's two stories?

Hafiz550

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknova777 Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:37 pm

HeyLookoverthere wrote:
Hafiz550 wrote:Geeze this server seem to have gotten uptight haha.

True I did not blow anything up afterwards.

A week or so ago people first contacted me saying nova was heading towards a banning. I gave nova a friendly warning, he told me it was a misunderstanding and that he'd try to play better with others. Then the next time I check he's banned for blowing up someone's city in the only world on the server that doesn't have logblock. Then he comes here to make a defense, types a paragraph that means NOTHING (that he has since edited out of his post.) and declines to even bother finishing it...

Yeah I got no words for this either Your absolutely right If I'm too lazy to right a paragraph to defend myself I should not be on this server. Yeah I could defend myself, yes I could try to come up with a argument, but I dug myself with such a steep hole whats the point? True I kinda wanted to go out with a bang. but hey you mess up sometimes, so so long farewell adu

A warning to all however, using flint and steel on something in a non firespread world could get you banned.

Also Fun times, Fun times.

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Hafiz, me you, taters, hl2 synergy?

Admin
Admin

https://minecraftserverforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next