That One Minecraft Server We All Play On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Try to discourage people from playing survival in Mereen

4 posters

Go down

Try to discourage people from playing survival in Mereen Empty Try to discourage people from playing survival in Mereen

Post  HeyLookoverthere Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:19 pm

Just to clean things up, reduce server load, creative worlds will no longer support mobs of any type. A lot of people do not seem to read the spawns about creative vs survival, so try to remind them to move to ghis. (might wanna warn them not to get too invested, as of 1.3 Ghis becomes a creative world as well and Skagos is the new survival.) I'll try to make it so you start in creative/are always in creative in creative worlds.

The spawn for the creative world should make it clear that "this was not built legitly." We don't need an ugly diamond tower, but something to let illiterate people know it's a creative world.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Try to discourage people from playing survival in Mereen Empty Re: Try to discourage people from playing survival in Mereen

Post  nazizombies2354 Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:04 am

Funny, I put a sign at Mereen spawn the other day saying 'type /gm for creative' because too many people didn't realize that it's a creative world. I would still like the option to switch between creative and survival modes though.

nazizombies2354

Back to top Go down

Try to discourage people from playing survival in Mereen Empty Re: Try to discourage people from playing survival in Mereen

Post  FSCarver Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:02 am

nazizombies2354 wrote:Funny, I put a sign at Mereen spawn the other day saying 'type /gm for creative' because too many people didn't realize that it's a creative world. I would still like the option to switch between creative and survival modes though.
This, as creative mode sucks for when not building. I'd rather keep it possible to switch between gamemodes.

FSCarver

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:22 am

FSCarver wrote:
nazizombies2354 wrote:Funny, I put a sign at Mereen spawn the other day saying 'type /gm for creative' because too many people didn't realize that it's a creative world. I would still like the option to switch between creative and survival modes though.
This, as creative mode sucks for when not building. I'd rather keep it possible to switch between gamemodes.
Currently Myr defaults everyone who comes in to creative mode, but /gm is still possible. Maybe just do what we did to Myr?
sirrus86
sirrus86

https://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  FSCarver Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:32 am

sirrus86 wrote:
FSCarver wrote:
Currently Myr defaults everyone who comes in to creative mode, but /gm is still possible. Maybe just do what we did to Myr?
Just wondering, would it be possible to change this for individual players too via permissions?

FSCarver

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:52 pm

FSCarver wrote:
sirrus86 wrote:
FSCarver wrote:
Just wondering, would it be possible to change this for individual players too via permissions?
No, the default gamemode for a world is dictated by Multiverse, which would mean a universal change. You can however still change the gamemode of others and prevent them from changing it back (unless they leave and come back).
sirrus86
sirrus86

https://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down