That One Minecraft Server We All Play On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survival Games w/ Powers?

2 posters

Go down

Should the Powers plugin be active for Survival Games?

Survival Games w/ Powers? Vote_lcap80%Survival Games w/ Powers? Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
Survival Games w/ Powers? Vote_lcap20%Survival Games w/ Powers? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Survival Games w/ Powers? Empty Survival Games w/ Powers?

Post  sirrus86 Thu May 17, 2012 6:52 am

Should the Powers plugin be enabled for contestants in Survival Games? I'm leaving that up to you guys.
sirrus86
sirrus86

https://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Survival Games w/ Powers? Empty Re: Survival Games w/ Powers?

Post  HeyLookoverthere Thu May 17, 2012 1:46 pm

sirrus86 wrote:Should the Powers plugin be enabled for contestants in Survival Games? I'm leaving that up to you guys.

It depends if they're balanced. What would you say is the most powerful/helpful power in a survival/combat situation so far?

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Thu May 17, 2012 3:11 pm

HeyLookoverthere wrote:
sirrus86 wrote:Should the Powers plugin be enabled for contestants in Survival Games? I'm leaving that up to you guys.

It depends if they're balanced. What would you say is the most powerful/helpful power in a survival/combat situation so far?

You kidding? I got a list XD

1) FyreCat
Fyre Aura allows Fyre to survive certain traps that may otherwise be intended to be a death sentence for players (I can think of one in particular in the original SG map, where it's a 2-block deep hole with lava and web, obviously meant for the player to be unable to escape). On the flipside, this same power also prevents him from accessing certain areas where players are intended to go. His immunity to fire and lava basically allow him to avoid the more destructive forms of offense. In my opinion he has to most overpowered perk in a combat situation. Coupled with the updated Fyre Arrow (arrows shot by him cause incendiary explosions when he's weak) and he's the one in most need of a nerf.

2) LinkCLX
If Link finds wheat and even just two pigs, he has the potential to be invincible. For one, for each pig he has following him, his attack power and defense increase substantially; with four or more pigs, he can one-shot practically anything using a diamond sword, while taking little to no damage. For another, so long as any pigs are near him, should anyone attack him, a pig zombie is summoned to attack that person. His primary weakness is, should he have no pig followers, or if someone kills them all, his advantage is lost. I consider him overpowered because it's fairly easy for him to gain power, but difficult for others to take it from him.

3) JJoiler
Skeletons are JJ's new best friend. He can catch arrows and add them to his inventory, then turn around and fire them from a sword. When he's weak, if he has any fire charges he shoots those instead, which can insta-kill an unarmed player. He's overpowered because he relies on a resource that's easier for him to collect than it is for others, and his ability makes him impossible to run from.

4) sirrus86
Yeah, I said it. With Dark Regen I regain health and hunger in dark areas; all I have to do is find some shade under a tree and I'm back to full health in seconds. And should I find even one ender pearl (though I know they're rare), I can teleport practically anywhere, such as, say, spots no one else can reach. While both my perk and my ability each on their own isn't huge, together it can give me the potential to outlast any opponent... though it may take awhile.

5) FSCarver
As he loses health, Carver's defense increases to the point where some forms of damage do nothing to him. To make matters worse, should someone defeat him using melee attacks, their own death is almost certain as well. I've also recently added Bulwark, which gives him the potential to remain invulnerable for an extensive period of time if his opponent is unaware of how it works.

It's partly my fault; the above were the first powers I created, and I wasn't sure what was available to create a balance. But now everyone's aware of what's out there. If you see anyone in that list that you're like "fuck no, I ain't fighting that" then powers may be a bad idea for SG, at least until I can balance them better.
sirrus86
sirrus86

https://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down