That One Minecraft Server We All Play On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas to improve and fix the worlds/maps

5 posters

Go down

Ideas to improve and fix the worlds/maps Empty Ideas to improve and fix the worlds/maps

Post  TheClownOfCrime Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:01 pm

World: Obviously here for everything that has ever been built in it. Shouldnt go anywhere.
Ivalice: A alternate creative world. Fine how it is.
Warzone: A world exclusively for arenas.
Westeros: Faction/Survival exclusive
Panasonic (New 1.2 world /w jungles): 3rd Creative OR a pure survival, no faction, alternate to Westeros. Pure no claiming, no "factions", just laid back survival.
Elsweyr: Gone, a waste of space for the most part. But keep a backup of file for the map.
Beardland: Either a anarchy anything go's map or have it be taken out.
TheClownOfCrime
TheClownOfCrime

Back to top Go down

Ideas to improve and fix the worlds/maps Empty My Two Cents

Post  sirrus86 Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:03 pm

I agree with Clown, but have a few discrepencies.

world: To reduce confusion would it be possible to name this something else?
Westeros: Not gonna lie, I don't see this world fairing too well once 1.2 comes out. Certain structures can be moved to a new survival world, but otherwise I think it'd be best to rebuild the whole concept from the ground up. But for the time being, leave as is.
Essos: New survival world once 1.2 comes out. Unlike Westeros it would be without factions and would encourage sensible griefing and theft.
Panasonic: Panasonic? Really Clown? But I agree, we're gonna want a 1.2 creative world.
Elsweyr: Created for 1.9Pre4. Player structures can be moved to Ivalice, world or "Panasonic", after which Elsweyr can be deleted.
Vaylenwood: Created for 1.9Pre1. Same as Elsweyr.
Narnia: This used to have arenas, if they can be restored I don't see why they can't just be moved to Warzone. That aside, it can probably go.
Asshai: Up to you Hlot, but as you probably know it's not serving a huge purpose right now.
Clownrena / Firefight: I don't even know what these are.
Beardland: Created as a place to put Atlantis (the "creator" of which doesn't come on much anymore). It's purely creative and LogBlock doesn't work there. Leave it as anarchy or remove it.

If all these changes are made, we'll end up with: world, Ivalice, Westeros, Essos, "Panasonic", and maybe Beardland.

Aside from this I think plugins and permissions should be looked over too. Certain plugins are starting to give errors under specific circumstances, and permissions are all over the place. By reducing the number of worlds, straightening out the other two becomes exponentially easier.
sirrus86
sirrus86

https://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Ideas to improve and fix the worlds/maps Empty Re: Ideas to improve and fix the worlds/maps

Post  blacknova777 Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:15 pm

I think panasonic should be the mirrored version of westeros (players have the same inventory but no factions exist on that world)

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

Ideas to improve and fix the worlds/maps Empty Re: Ideas to improve and fix the worlds/maps

Post  sirrus86 Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:45 pm

blacknova777 wrote:I think panasonic should be the mirrored version of westeros (players have the same inventory but no factions exist on that world)

I gotta disagree with the shared inventory idea. One of the major strengths of a new survival world is a clean slate; shared inventory would just favor people who've been in Westeros awhile while newcomers would be at a disadvantage (this coming from me, probably the biggest resource hoarder in Westeros, mind you). For a new survival world to work we gotta start from scratch.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  B4ckst4b Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:30 am

Panasonic? You mean like that Electonics Company? Haha, are we selling out now?

B4ckst4b

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:21 am

Haven't heard a yay or nay on this, but just some stuff I wanted to update...

Vaylenwood: LogBlock doesn't work. Moved spawn closer to the main city we built when the world was first made.
Elsweyr: Moved spawn closer to the main city we built when the world was first made.
Westeros: Following the Multiverse plugin update, warping and teleporting to or from Westeros became blocked again. I was able to fix this. If this change was intended I can set it back.
Inventory is shared between all worlds now except Westeros. I don't know if this was intended but I personally like the change.

Virtually all of the world changes recommended above can be done by any admin, major buildings and cities would simply be pasted to open space in Ivalice. With Hlot's coordination I could handle plugins (I've already looked up most of them) and permissions (which I already have experience with).

Aside from just general cleanup one of the motivations to do this would be to hopefully reduce server crashes (for example that damn Vampire plugin) and plugin & permission conflicts (LogBlock not working in Vaylenwood, certain editors unable to rollback, some whites can access staff chat channel, etc).

Of course all of this is open to debate. Anyone got any ideas or objections?
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:14 pm

We need to iron out the details of this, anyone object to clown/sirrus's plan?

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down