That One Minecraft Server We All Play On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just bought oblivion... some tips maybe?

4 posters

Go down

Just bought oblivion... some tips maybe? Empty Just bought oblivion... some tips maybe?

Post  SgtTaters Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:13 pm

I played oblivion a while ago, borrowed it from a friend and didnt like it. I rushed through it. I noticed it was 5 bucks on steam for only another day so i decided to re-play it. Any tips on what class to choose, to use archery or magic or whatever, what factions, etc. etc etc. would be appreciated.

SgtTaters

Back to top Go down

Just bought oblivion... some tips maybe? Empty Re: Just bought oblivion... some tips maybe?

Post  B4ckst4b Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:45 pm

Whoa only 5 bucks? I might get it myself...

B4ckst4b

Back to top Go down

Just bought oblivion... some tips maybe? Empty Re: Just bought oblivion... some tips maybe?

Post  HeyLookoverthere Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:46 pm

SgtTaters wrote:I played oblivion a while ago, borrowed it from a friend and didnt like it. I rushed through it. I noticed it was 5 bucks on steam for only another day so i decided to re-play it. Any tips on what class to choose, to use archery or magic or whatever, what factions, etc. etc etc. would be appreciated.

It depends on your play style, I always enjoy archery/sneak. There are four guilds and they are not mutually exclusive so most people do all of them. Enemies level up with you so you wanna make sure you level useful combat skills, and don't just get to level 10 by power leveling smithing/acrobatics/etc.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:52 pm

B4ckst4b wrote:Whoa only 5 bucks? I might get it myself...

Hell for five bucks I might too. I have the 360 version but have never gotten to play around with the PC mods.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  B4ckst4b Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:34 pm

Looks like its 2 more dollars for all the expansions I guess I'll buy em too.
Were they any good?

B4ckst4b

Back to top Go down

Post  SgtTaters Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:13 pm

Awesome thanks. Startin it up now. Apparently shivering isles was really good. But $5 is actually for the GOTY edition, so you get the expansions. Its only till tomorrow though, so make yer decisions.

SgtTaters

Back to top Go down

Post  CRAZZY_Beast1 Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:23 pm

SgtTaters wrote:Awesome thanks. Startin it up now. Apparently shivering isles was really good. But $5 is actually for the GOTY edition, so you get the expansions. Its only till tomorrow though, so make yer decisions.
I see you playing it. And as soon as I opened this thread it said you were playing it. Creepy much?
CRAZZY_Beast1
CRAZZY_Beast1

Back to top Go down

Just bought oblivion... some tips maybe? Empty I hate this game...

Post  B4ckst4b Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:39 pm

This game is BY FAR the worst buy I have EVER done!!!

It's to damn fun! It's taking up all my time... Sad

B4ckst4b

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:20 pm

B4ckst4b wrote:This game is BY FAR the worst buy I have EVER done!!!

It's to damn fun! It's taking up all my time... Sad

Yes it will eat your life. Did you get the GOTY edition with all the DLC or just the original?

If you encounter a goblin cave, try to find their totem and take it. They will chase you down across the map to get it back. If you place the totem in say, the mages guild, within a couple days it will be attacked by angry goblins trying to get their shit back. I had some great battles between the imperial guard and hordes of goblins. I think there are 4-6 separate goblin societies each with their own totem, and they will fight each other.

And just think once you're done with oblivion (so to speak, I don't think anyone ever finishes all the quests) you'll be able to pick up Skyrim real cheap probably with all the DLC.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  SgtTaters Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Yeah this game is awesome. ive spent way too much time playing it already

SgtTaters

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down