That One Minecraft Server We All Play On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you join random servers, be aware that they can then impersonate you.

2 posters

Go down

If you join random servers, be aware that they can then impersonate you. Empty If you join random servers, be aware that they can then impersonate you.

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:17 am

http://www.sk89q.com/2011/09/minecraft-name-spoofing-exploit/

"There’s this interesting exploit in Minecraft that lets you login under someone’s name without ever needing to know the person’s password. All the attacker needs to do is get you to join his/her server once. This client-side fix patches your game so that it won’t let your server tell you to authenticate against a “blank” server ID. Lymia and I reported it to Mojang a while ago, and while Jeb just put a fix in 1.8, there’s a mistake with the fix. You can download a ZIP to install it like any other mod (put the files into minecraft.jar), or Windows users can use the setup program to automatically install the fix"

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

If you join random servers, be aware that they can then impersonate you. Empty Re: If you join random servers, be aware that they can then impersonate you.

Post  B4ckst4b Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:05 am

Ouch, thanks for the heads up. You won't really need the fix if you don't go to other servers correct?

B4ckst4b

Back to top Go down

If you join random servers, be aware that they can then impersonate you. Empty Re: If you join random servers, be aware that they can then impersonate you.

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:47 pm

No you wont. We're running the most recent bukkit which has a fix built in, so I couldn't do it even if I wanted to.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down