That One Minecraft Server We All Play On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New anti-piracy system will hit US internet users next week

+2
Hafiz550
GeorgeIpsum
6 posters

Go down

New anti-piracy system will hit US internet users next week Empty New anti-piracy system will hit US internet users next week

Post  GeorgeIpsum Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:23 pm

http://www.dailydot.com/news/copyright-alerts-system-launch-six-strikes/

Starting next week, most U.S. Internet users will be subject to a new copyright enforcement system that could force them to complete educational programs, and even slow their Internet speeds to a crawl.

A source with direct knowledge of the Copyright Alert System (CAS), who asked to not to be named, has told the Daily Dot that the five participating Internet service providers (ISPs) will start the controversial program Monday.

The ISPs—industry giants AT&T, Cablevision, Comcast, Time Warner, and Verizon—will launch their versions of the CAS on different days throughout the week. Comcast is expected to be the first, on Monday.

I don't think it'll change anything at all, but I'm gonna use Peerblock a lot more now <_<
GeorgeIpsum
GeorgeIpsum

http://sciencethebear.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

New anti-piracy system will hit US internet users next week Empty Re: New anti-piracy system will hit US internet users next week

Post  Hafiz550 Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:27 pm

The video they made seems like something you would see at the beginning of a dystopian movie or game...

Hafiz550

Back to top Go down

New anti-piracy system will hit US internet users next week Empty Re: New anti-piracy system will hit US internet users next week

Post  blacknova777 Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:10 pm

alright. How do I block it, its time I learn the big bad guns of hacking

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

Post  FSCarver Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:17 pm

blacknova777 wrote:alright. How do I block it, its time I learn the big bad guns of hacking
Move to Europe. Problem solved.

FSCarver

Back to top Go down

Post  GeorgeIpsum Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:24 pm

blacknova777 wrote:alright. How do I block it, its time I learn the big bad guns of hacking
GeorgeIpsum wrote:Peerblock
GeorgeIpsum
GeorgeIpsum

http://sciencethebear.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheClownOfCrime Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:49 pm

FSCarver wrote:
Move to Europe. Problem solved.

New anti-piracy system will hit US internet users next week Cf12ed10
TheClownOfCrime
TheClownOfCrime

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:53 pm

www.btguard.com

But please don't go around talking about "the big bad guns of hacking" because you signed up for a proxy service.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknova777 Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:12 am

HeyLookoverthere wrote:

www.btguard.com

But please don't go around talking about "the big bad guns of hacking" because you signed up for a proxy service.

Sorry but, no.

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down