That One Minecraft Server We All Play On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help test my game, win a minecraft prize

2 posters

Go down

Help test my game, win a minecraft prize Empty Help test my game, win a minecraft prize

Post  HeyLookoverthere Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:47 pm

The first contest is over because three people killed the pig. The map making contest is still going. if you win, you get basically whatever you want within my Admin abilities. There will also be lesser second and third place prizes.

The game is playable in chrome but for the best sound results, use Opera.
Link: http://webgame.zebra-associates.org/

Last edited by HeyLookoverthere on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Help test my game, win a minecraft prize Empty Finally got map sharing working

Post  HeyLookoverthere Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:09 am

As of this morning you can save and load maps from the server, instead of just locally. So if you make something, save it, and tell us the name we can all see/play it. So here's a second contest for "who can make the best map."

Guide to edit mode:
start the game, hit M for edit mode, then hold H and hit Q to clear the map. Ignore the pig and wizard for now.

now you can place tiles by left clicking, and change the selected tile with the mousewheel or N key. every tile can be walked on except brick, darkwood, obsidian, lava, water (until you have flippers) and the red/green/blue doors that you can't pass through until you have the matching key. Right clicking a wall will make it a cracked (bombable) wall. (it's annoying cause the right click menu still pops up.)

To place items (keys, bombs, upgrades, etc) hit B while in edit mode and it should say Placing Item: at the top left with a little picture of the selected item. Use the mousewheel or N to change the selected item, click to place. There's no remove items option yet, so if you misplace one just switch back to bear mode and pick it up.

If you hit B a second time in edit mode you will be in filled rectangle mode, first select the top left corner of the desired rectangle, then select the bottom right corner and it will fill everything between with the selected tile.

Hit B again for hollow rectangle mode, then again for entity movement mode.

Z = undo, but be warned there is no redo.

When you're done make sure you're in edit mode hit O to save your map locally to your computer. Next time you start the game you can hit L to load it.

Edit: ok the map saving server is up! to save your map to the server, wait until you are done and hit K in edit mode. then enter your maps name (try to be unique so you don't save over an existing map) It will refresh the page and say OK. refresh the page and hit I in edit mode and type the name of the map you wish to load.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Help test my game, win a minecraft prize Empty Re: Help test my game, win a minecraft prize

Post  blacknova777 Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:24 pm

I'm stuck in obsidean......

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

Help test my game, win a minecraft prize Empty Re: Help test my game, win a minecraft prize

Post  HeyLookoverthere Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:47 pm

my bad, hit M to switch to edit mode and remove the blocks or move the bear.

or load a map by entering edit mode and hitting K, then enter "miles"

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknova777 Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:05 pm

I'l give it a shot one question though have do you place monster spawners?

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:13 pm

blacknova777 wrote:I'l give it a shot one question though have do you place monster spawners?

you can't with the editor yet, I forgot to add that I'll do it tommorow. If you use google chrome you can hit CTRL+shift+J to open the java console, and then do something like:

spawners.push(new EnemySpawner({x:36,y:50,type: "Chaser",spawnrate:20}));

Valid enemy types are "Evil Bunny" "Chaser" and "Hunter"

if you want to remove all spawners do spawners=[];

to save as usual hit the "I" key.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:21 pm

Help test my game, win a minecraft prize VhlQK

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down