That One Minecraft Server We All Play On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hlot please read!

+5
SgtTaters
sirrus86
GeorgeIpsum
HeyLookoverthere
CRAZZY_Beast2
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hlot please read! Empty Hlot please read!

Post  CRAZZY_Beast2 Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:51 pm

you meant to contact me about the game you are making. how would you like to contact me?

CRAZZY_Beast2

Back to top Go down

Hlot please read! Empty Re: Hlot please read!

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:46 am

CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:you meant to contact me about the game you are making. how would you like to contact me?

this works. I'm not quite ready to start making levels yet, but I could use some art. Textures for the different types of blocks and maybe some enemies if you're feeling ambitious. Right now all the textures are stolen from MC texture packs.

Also I need sound effects and music, I think for now I'll steal them for zelda but I'll eventually need ones that won't get me sued.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:06 pm

in case anyone's wondering what we're talking about:

http://webgame.zebra-associates.org/

It's a work in progress.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  CRAZZY_Beast2 Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:22 pm

HeyLookoverthere wrote:
CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:you meant to contact me about the game you are making. how would you like to contact me?

this works. I'm not quite ready to start making levels yet, but I could use some art. Textures for the different types of blocks and maybe some enemies if you're feeling ambitious. Right now all the textures are stolen from MC texture packs.

Also I need sound effects and music, I think for now I'll steal them for zelda but I'll eventually need ones that won't get me sued.
I have no idea how to do the sound effects, but I can do the textures + coding. I have dreamweaver 8, I can give you the installer and then give you the product code so you can use it to. BTW what's this coded in. Also you never mentioned on how to contact me. Can you pm me regarding that?

CRAZZY_Beast2

Back to top Go down

Post  GeorgeIpsum Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:40 pm

CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:
HeyLookoverthere wrote:

I have no idea how to do the sound effects, but I can do the textures + coding. I have dreamweaver 8, I can give you the installer and then give you the product code so you can use it to. BTW what's this coded in. Also you never mentioned on how to contact me. Can you pm me regarding that?

Get photoshop, and don't use dreamweaver, thats for making webpages.
I know my existence on the server and wherever has been virtually nonexistant for the past few weeks (fuck high school, man, I'm sorry), but I can possible help with spriting or collaborating with crazzy to do something similar.
GeorgeIpsum
GeorgeIpsum

http://sciencethebear.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CRAZZY_Beast2 Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:47 pm

GeorgeIpsum wrote:
CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:
HeyLookoverthere wrote:

I know my existence on the server and wherever has been virtually nonexistant for the past few weeks (fuck high school, man, I'm sorry), but I can possible help with spriting or collaborating with crazzy to do something similar.
Then what should I use to code?

CRAZZY_Beast2

Back to top Go down

Post  GeorgeIpsum Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:50 pm

[quote="CRAZZY_Beast2"][quote="GeorgeIpsum"][quote="CRAZZY_Beast2"]
HeyLookoverthere wrote:
CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:

Then what should I use to code?

Erm
Don't use dreamweaver

For java, use netbeans if you're a beginner and slowly move on to Eclipse
For flash-based coding, get a version of flash 8 (cs4 and cs5 aren't really needed for anything, and as3 is fucking stupid, and since you've made it pretty obvious that you're okay with pirating, just get a pirated version of flash 8 pro)

For C++/ VB/ C# use Visual Studio Express
GeorgeIpsum
GeorgeIpsum

http://sciencethebear.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 pm

This game is written in javascript, the graphics are done with HTML5/Canvas. here's a tutorial http://thinkvitamin.com/code/how-to-draw-with-html-5-canvas/

I don't even use an IDE, just type into notepad++.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  CRAZZY_Beast2 Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:06 pm

HeyLookoverthere wrote:This game is written in javascript, the graphics are done with HTML5/Canvas. here's a tutorial http://thinkvitamin.com/code/how-to-draw-with-html-5-canvas/

I don't even use an IDE, just type into notepad++.
Okay then I can attempt to help with that, how should I contact you?

CRAZZY_Beast2

Back to top Go down

Post  CRAZZY_Beast2 Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:12 pm

I'm working on a game browser for windows desktops.

CRAZZY_Beast2

Back to top Go down

Post  CRAZZY_Beast2 Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:53 pm

CRAZZY_Beast2

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:38 pm

GeorgeIpsum wrote:
Erm
Don't use dreamweaver

For java, use netbeans if you're a beginner and slowly move on to Eclipse
For flash-based coding, get a version of flash 8 (cs4 and cs5 aren't really needed for anything, and as3 is fucking stupid, and since you've made it pretty obvious that you're okay with pirating, just get a pirated version of flash 8 pro)

For C++/ VB/ C# use Visual Studio Express

Amateurs! I learned HTML and JavaScript using Notepad! *pops collar*

Last edited by sirrus86 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
sirrus86
sirrus86

https://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:41 pm

I was driving myself FUCKING CRAZY trying to figure out why the sound engine basically froze after a while. Turns out it's just a shortcoming of Chrome. I tried the game in Opera 11 and it works great, Link to the Past sound effects and all.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Hlot please read! Empty So all the boss enemies of this game are just giant anamals

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:53 pm

so basically I need people to draw the following:

pig smedly - throws fireballs - done
snake - just like terraria's EoW
Elephant who never forgets to kill - ram attack, gorge with tusks
Badger with a troubled past -tunnels under, pops up, claws
kangaroo - Hops up and down on you.
Owl - Flys above and drops bombs

Any help is much appreciated and of course your name will go in the credits when the game is finally ready. Anyone attempting to tackle the owl may find this useful.

Hlot please read! How-to-draw-an-owl

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  SgtTaters Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:19 pm

Aight hlot. I made some rough sketches. Just a few ideas I had, but i think they came out fairly well. For the record i wasnt sure what i badger looked like, so i made a design from my own head. I also didnt know what checkered past meant, so i just gave him a checker pattern. All in all Id say they came out fairly well. The designs need to be hammered out a little more, but it is more or less what they would look like. (PS note the blood on the elephants tusks, meant to illustrate his "ram" attack.) Also the owl guide helped a lot, i followed it as best i could.Hlot please read! Animalsc

SgtTaters

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:46 pm

SgtTaters wrote:Aight hlot. I made some rough sketches. Just a few ideas I had, but i think they came out fairly well. For the record i wasnt sure what i badger looked like, so i made a design from my own head. I also didnt know what checkered past meant, so i just gave him a checker pattern. All in all Id say they came out fairly well. The designs need to be hammered out a little more, but it is more or less what they would look like. (PS note the blood on the elephants tusks, meant to illustrate his "ram" attack.) Also the owl guide helped a lot, i followed it as best i could.Hlot please read! Animalsc

Amazing. I'll definitely use the elephant and kangaroo at least for a while.

The idea of the "badger with a checkered past" and the "elephant who never forgets....TO KILL" are from futurama.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Hlot please read! Empty Thanks to JJ for the idea of adding RUM HAM

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:30 pm

I decided that he should't be a boss though, but the best powerup item in the game.

Hlot please read! Screen2

I think maybe it'll be very hard to find and appear to be useless for most of the game, but then sacrifice itself to save you in the end.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  B4ckst4b Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:36 pm

A game with puns huh? I love this game already!

B4ckst4b

Back to top Go down

Post  LinkCLX Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:47 pm

Hlot please read! Link_s10
Heres my skin for an npc and i made the background blue to make the skin easy to see

LinkCLX

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:51 pm

LinkCLX wrote:Hlot please read! Link_s10
Heres my skin for an npc and i made the background blue to make the skin easy to see

Nice! you'll now be the second NPC. What would you like to say/do?

Also what name should I give you? "Link" would be weird in what is become more and more a zelda clone.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  SgtTaters Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:12 pm

I hope youre not really gonna use those.

SgtTaters

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:30 pm

SgtTaters wrote:I hope youre not really gonna use those.

Until something better comes along I am. I am a terrible artist so those are about par for the course for my games anyway.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  LinkCLX Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:10 pm

HeyLookoverthere wrote:
LinkCLX wrote:Hlot please read! Link_s10

Nice! you'll now be the second NPC. What would you like to say/do?

Also what name should I give you? "Link" would be weird in what is become more and more a zelda clone.
If it is possible to code, I would be a crazy shop owner that makes hilarious server quotes at the customer, and my name is Crazy Pig Merchant.

LinkCLX

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:37 pm

LinkCLX wrote:

If it is possible to code, I would be a crazy shop owner that makes hilarious server quotes at the customer, and my name is Crazy Pig Merchant.

haha why wouldn't that be possible? I mean don't get me wrong some things aren't possible in HTML5 but what you're describing has been in just about every RPG/adventure game ever. I haven't added a menu system yet, that'll be soon. Once I do that I'll add your NPC as the first merchant. Try to jot down some of these "hilarious server quotes" so I can add them.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  CRAZZY_Beast2 Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:02 pm

HeyLookoverthere wrote:
LinkCLX wrote:

haha why wouldn't that be possible? I mean don't get me wrong some things aren't possible in HTML5 but what you're describing has been in just about every RPG/adventure game ever. I haven't added a menu system yet, that'll be soon. Once I do that I'll add your NPC as the first merchant. Try to jot down some of these "hilarious server quotes" so I can add them.
I have a bunch of new sprites if you want them. Do they need to be 8-bit?

CRAZZY_Beast2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next