Horray problem is fixed.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Horray problem is fixed.

Post  HeyLookoverthere on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:41 pm

Server seems to be working normally again.


Last edited by HeyLookoverthere on Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

HeyLookoverthere

Posts : 922
Join date : 2011-05-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  FSCarver on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:44 pm

I am using some outdated, incomplete worlds of both Ivalice and World, that I downloaded using a mod.
I'll add an adventure map or other world if someone has one that they want to be added.

Since both the current worlds are incomplete, it will mostly consist of 1.0 generated chunks.
Choose whatever you want to do here, you wont keep any stuff you do here anyway.

FSCarver

Posts : 867
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  sirrus86 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:51 pm

I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, though I've never tried hosting before (I'd get the hang of it pretty quickly though). Only problem is I did a speed test on my connection, and while I can get between 15-20Mbps download I can only get around 0.5Mbps upload, dunno if that'd be adequate.
avatar
sirrus86

Posts : 446
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 31
Location : Bangor, ME

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  FSCarver on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:53 pm

sirrus86 wrote:I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, though I've never tried hosting before (I'd get the hang of it pretty quickly though). Only problem is I did a speed test on my connection, and while I can get between 15-20Mbps download I can only get around 0.5Mbps upload, dunno if that'd be adequate.
My upload speed is 0.77 MB.
Mind if I ask how much ram you have installed?

FSCarver

Posts : 867
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  sirrus86 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:57 pm

FSCarver wrote:
sirrus86 wrote:I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, though I've never tried hosting before (I'd get the hang of it pretty quickly though). Only problem is I did a speed test on my connection, and while I can get between 15-20Mbps download I can only get around 0.5Mbps upload, dunno if that'd be adequate.
My upload speed is 0.77 MB.
Mind if I ask how much ram you have installed?

16.0GB RAM. (yeah I'm kinda proud)
avatar
sirrus86

Posts : 446
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 31
Location : Bangor, ME

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  GeorgeIpsum on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:16 pm

I could supposedly help run a server (since I used to run the backup) but I'm not sure how well that would work with running the Terraria server in unison.
Upload fluctuates around 1MBps and I can allocate at least 2-3GB of RAM.
avatar
GeorgeIpsum

Posts : 350
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 21
Location : Georgia

View user profile http://sciencethebear.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  FSCarver on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:20 pm

GeorgeIpsum wrote:I could supposedly help run a server (since I used to run the backup) but I'm not sure how well that would work with running the Terraria server in unison.
Upload fluctuates around 1MBps and I can allocate at least 2-3GB of RAM.
Screw the Terraria server. (for the time being)

And Hlot, any chance this could be a downgrade from your ISP because you uploaded GoT and other stuff?

FSCarver

Posts : 867
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  CRAZZY_Beast2 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:38 pm

I have a very fast internet connection and I wouldn't mind hosting at all. I just need a little help and I can host a 24/7 server. I also have a 13.72mpbs download speed and and upload speed at 5.76mpbs.

CRAZZY_Beast2

Posts : 159
Join date : 2011-11-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  GeorgeIpsum on Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:47 pm

CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:I have a very fast internet connection and I wouldn't mind hosting at all. I just need a little help and I can host a 24/7 server. I also have a 13.72mpbs download speed and and upload speed at 5.76mpbs.

Your upload (and download) is in Megabits per second (not Megabytes), so you need to divide that by 8 to get your connection in megabytes, which is 1.715 MBps down and .72 MBps Up.
Also, how much dedicated RAM can you use for the server?
avatar
GeorgeIpsum

Posts : 350
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 21
Location : Georgia

View user profile http://sciencethebear.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  CRAZZY_Beast2 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:29 pm

GeorgeIpsum wrote:
CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:I have a very fast internet connection and I wouldn't mind hosting at all. I just need a little help and I can host a 24/7 server. I also have a 13.72mpbs download speed and and upload speed at 5.76mpbs.

Your upload (and download) is in Megabits per second (not Megabytes), so you need to divide that by 8 to get your connection in megabytes, which is 1.715 MBps down and .72 MBps Up.
Also, how much dedicated RAM can you use for the server?
I'd prefer to use at the maximum 2-3 gigabytes.

CRAZZY_Beast2

Posts : 159
Join date : 2011-11-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  GeorgeIpsum on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:34 pm

CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:
GeorgeIpsum wrote:
CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:I have a very fast internet connection and I wouldn't mind hosting at all. I just need a little help and I can host a 24/7 server. I also have a 13.72mpbs download speed and and upload speed at 5.76mpbs.

Your upload (and download) is in Megabits per second (not Megabytes), so you need to divide that by 8 to get your connection in megabytes, which is 1.715 MBps down and .72 MBps Up.
Also, how much dedicated RAM can you use for the server?
I'd prefer to use at the maximum 2-3 gigabytes.

How much do you have in total though?
avatar
GeorgeIpsum

Posts : 350
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 21
Location : Georgia

View user profile http://sciencethebear.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  CRAZZY_Beast2 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:05 pm

GeorgeIpsum wrote:
CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:
GeorgeIpsum wrote:
CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:I have a very fast internet connection and I wouldn't mind hosting at all. I just need a little help and I can host a 24/7 server. I also have a 13.72mpbs download speed and and upload speed at 5.76mpbs.

Your upload (and download) is in Megabits per second (not Megabytes), so you need to divide that by 8 to get your connection in megabytes, which is 1.715 MBps down and .72 MBps Up.
Also, how much dedicated RAM can you use for the server?
I'd prefer to use at the maximum 2-3 gigabytes.

How much do you have in total though?
4 gigabytes.

CRAZZY_Beast2

Posts : 159
Join date : 2011-11-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  FyreCat on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:13 pm

FSCarver wrote:I am using some outdated, incomplete worlds of both Ivalice and World, that I downloaded using a mod.
I'll add an adventure map or other world if someone has one that they want to be added.

Since both the current worlds are incomplete, it will mostly consist of 1.0 generated chunks.
Choose whatever you want to do here, you wont keep any stuff you do here anyway.

Since both the current worlds are incomplete, it will mostly consist of 1.0 generated chunks.
Choose whatever you want to do here, you wont keep any stuff you do here anyway

Choose whatever you want to do here, you wont keep any stuff you do here anyway

Choose whatever you want to do here

*Pulls out TnT*
avatar
FyreCat

Posts : 286
Join date : 2011-11-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  sirrus86 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:28 pm

CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:
GeorgeIpsum wrote:How much do you have in total though?
4 gigabytes.

Depending on your operating system and running programs you may not have 2-3GB to give.
avatar
sirrus86

Posts : 446
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 31
Location : Bangor, ME

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  JJoiler on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:35 pm

i would say FUCK YEAH but my internet connection only lets 1 person...
avatar
JJoiler

Posts : 243
Join date : 2011-07-24
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  FSCarver on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:43 pm

Any tnt abuse, and I will just remove WE...

FSCarver

Posts : 867
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  HeyLookoverthere on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:48 pm

FSCarver wrote:
GeorgeIpsum wrote:I could supposedly help run a server (since I used to run the backup) but I'm not sure how well that would work with running the Terraria server in unison.
Upload fluctuates around 1MBps and I can allocate at least 2-3GB of RAM.
Screw the Terraria server. (for the time being)

And Hlot, any chance this could be a downgrade from your ISP because you uploaded GoT and other stuff?

I doubt that, but I wouldn't be too shocked if they had some kinda equipment failure. it's happened before.

HeyLookoverthere

Posts : 922
Join date : 2011-05-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  CRAZZY_Beast2 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:09 pm

so if i got help setting the server up i will host.

CRAZZY_Beast2

Posts : 159
Join date : 2011-11-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  GeorgeIpsum on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:32 pm

FyreCat wrote:
*Pulls out TnT*

lol'd

sirrus86 wrote:
Depending on your operating system and running programs you may not have 2-3GB to give.

Pretty much this, if anything, you can only dedicate 1GB of RAM if you want to still use your computer for other things.
avatar
GeorgeIpsum

Posts : 350
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 21
Location : Georgia

View user profile http://sciencethebear.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  CRAZZY_Beast2 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:16 pm

GeorgeIpsum wrote:
FyreCat wrote:
*Pulls out TnT*

lol'd

sirrus86 wrote:
Depending on your operating system and running programs you may not have 2-3GB to give.

Pretty much this, if anything, you can only dedicate 1GB of RAM if you want to still use your computer for other things.
I can dedicate more when I'm not using my computer.

CRAZZY_Beast2

Posts : 159
Join date : 2011-11-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  GeorgeIpsum on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:21 pm

CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:
GeorgeIpsum wrote:
FyreCat wrote:
*Pulls out TnT*

lol'd

sirrus86 wrote:
Depending on your operating system and running programs you may not have 2-3GB to give.

Pretty much this, if anything, you can only dedicate 1GB of RAM if you want to still use your computer for other things.
I can dedicate more when I'm not using my computer.
That isn't how the server works. You'd have to reset the server each time you wanted to reallocate different amounts of RAM.
avatar
GeorgeIpsum

Posts : 350
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 21
Location : Georgia

View user profile http://sciencethebear.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  CRAZZY_Beast2 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:05 pm

GeorgeIpsum wrote:
CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:
GeorgeIpsum wrote:
FyreCat wrote:
*Pulls out TnT*

lol'd

sirrus86 wrote:
Depending on your operating system and running programs you may not have 2-3GB to give.

Pretty much this, if anything, you can only dedicate 1GB of RAM if you want to still use your computer for other things.
I can dedicate more when I'm not using my computer.
That isn't how the server works. You'd have to reset the server each time you wanted to reallocate different amounts of RAM.
Well the fact of the matter is do you want me to host or not?

CRAZZY_Beast2

Posts : 159
Join date : 2011-11-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  GeorgeIpsum on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:14 pm

CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:
GeorgeIpsum wrote:
CRAZZY_Beast2 wrote:
GeorgeIpsum wrote:
FyreCat wrote:
*Pulls out TnT*

lol'd

sirrus86 wrote:
Depending on your operating system and running programs you may not have 2-3GB to give.

Pretty much this, if anything, you can only dedicate 1GB of RAM if you want to still use your computer for other things.
I can dedicate more when I'm not using my computer.
That isn't how the server works. You'd have to reset the server each time you wanted to reallocate different amounts of RAM.
Well the fact of the matter is do you want me to host or not?

It's not really up to me.
However, Carver and I have all the server files, and I had a successful server running. I'm disabling things currently to reduce server lag and such, I think I might be running the server from tomorrow onwards.
avatar
GeorgeIpsum

Posts : 350
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 21
Location : Georgia

View user profile http://sciencethebear.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  Admin on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:52 pm

I would but honestly is my isp is a bitch to port forward on, my computer science major brother couldnt figure it out.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 128
Join date : 2011-04-30

View user profile http://minecraftserverforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  FSCarver on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:53 pm

Well I downloaded World, which you sent to me.
But when I try to open it, keeps giving me errors that the file is either an unkown format or damaged.

Downloaded it multiple times.

FSCarver

Posts : 867
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Horray problem is fixed.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum