That One Minecraft Server We All Play On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destroyer Tips

4 posters

Go down

Destroyer Tips Empty Destroyer Tips

Post  SgtTaters Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:30 am

Just beat the Destroyer, and seeing as its a rather tough boss fight i figured id give some tips. Do everything i say and youre pretty much guaranteed to beat it. If you wanna beat it follow these tips, if not youre a tard.

1. fight it in some kind of tower. If you can get off the ground enough (~30 blocks) It will always attack you from a vertical (or near vertical) direction. If you get hit from a horizontal direction youre totally fucked. When the thing's vertical you can constantly attack it without being hit. I had no choice but to use my house, so i managed to slaughter all my npcs 3 times over. I dont suggest doing that.

2. Use full adamantite. Thats pretty much your only choice.

3. As for weapons, your best bet is the Cobalt sword. Adamantite armor increase your attack speed by a decent amount. Add in a feral claw and try to reforge the sword and other accessories to gain a melee speed increase. If you can get around a 40% increase, you will be swinging about 3 times a second, and when you have decent damage bonuses on the sword thats about 120 damage a second, which is ricockulous.

4. Use Philosophers Stone. Obtained from the mimic. 15 seconds can make the difference between killing it or being killed.

5.Kill the death lasers it drops as fast as possible. Not only do they hurt (21 damage per shot) but they drop a good deal of hearts, keeping your HP at a reasonable level for much of the fight.

6. Bring an iron skin potion and make Greater Healing potions. 8 defense isnt much, but it still helps. Greater potions are mandatory. The mo' healin' the mo' betta'

7. Im not sure if this actually helped, but i did it anyway. Through down as many spiky balls as you can. They dont do much, but every little bit helps.

8. Get a heart statue(or more than one if you can). Not necessary but it helps. I had mine hooked up to a button as well as a star statue, and my npcs would step over it, releasing hearts. Nice 50Hp boost

Using all this shit i took down this bastards 80,000 hp in half the night, which isnt bad. I assume a similar techniques would work for the other bosses, but i havent gotten to fight them yet

SgtTaters

Back to top Go down

Destroyer Tips Empty Re: Destroyer Tips

Post  dustynbush Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:51 am

This really only works on Destroyer. It's why he's considered the easiest of the three, because it's pretty easy to "cheese" the fight. I, personally, beat him by just going full Mage with Warding gear, and pounding him from above using Featherfall/Gravity potions, and only killing the Laser Bots when I need hearts/mana. Was relatively painless.

I haven't tried Skeletron Prime yet, but I've heard it's a real bitch of a fight. The Twins are even worse. Twins have you on a time limit, and apparently the speed they move and fire at make it extremely hard to mitigate their damage or stay at a good distance away from them. Both can be soloed for sure, but they're both on a whole other league of difficulty compared to Destroyer.

dustynbush

Back to top Go down

Post  SgtTaters Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:09 am

Yeah i agree. I tried the twins last night. I got one down to 10,000 hp and the other down to 20,000 and that was it. One would be bad enough, but since theres 2 of em its not easy. I was using the megashark and flying around them with the demon wings. I think that if i can get lucky enough with that tactic i can do it. Im not looking forward to skeletron prime. Maybe a couple of us can give it a shot on the server some time.

SgtTaters

Back to top Go down

Post  dustynbush Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Well, SP is actually a lot easier than the Twins are, so I'm not too worried. Most everyone agrees that the Twins are the hardest boss in the game right now.

dustynbush

Back to top Go down

Post  CRAZZY_Beast2 Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:47 pm

SgtTaters wrote:Yeah i agree. I tried the twins last night. I got one down to 10,000 hp and the other down to 20,000 and that was it. One would be bad enough, but since theres 2 of em its not easy. I was using the megashark and flying around them with the demon wings. I think that if i can get lucky enough with that tactic i can do it. Im not looking forward to skeletron prime. Maybe a couple of us can give it a shot on the server some time.
You tried the twins last night nice! Little twin package you got there?

CRAZZY_Beast2

Back to top Go down

Post  SgtTaters Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Ha you know it dude. Im gonna try something now for the twins, which is pretty much use a gravitation potion and fly and shoot behind me and hope hit something.

SgtTaters

Back to top Go down

Post  GeorgeIpsum Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:00 pm

SgtTaters wrote:Ha you know it dude. Im gonna try something now for the twins, which is pretty much use a gravitation potion and fly and shoot behind me and hope hit something.

Holy shit, this was hard. Hallowed armor and all that jazz, I had to try 5 times to successfully beat them >_>
GeorgeIpsum
GeorgeIpsum

http://sciencethebear.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down