That One Minecraft Server We All Play On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hosting a Hexxit server

3 posters

Go down

Hosting a Hexxit server Empty Hosting a Hexxit server

Post  FSCarver Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:05 am

Its like Tekkit/FTB, but more focused on adventuring.
There are new mobs, enemies, ores, weapons, dimensions, castles in the sky, biomes (ice caves anyone?) and other random generated structures.

The server is on Normal mode and won't be lowered.
More info+download: http://www.technicpack.net/hexxit

For the record, I won't be opping anyone including myself. It will be completely legit, no spawning in items ect.

IP: Carnos.mooo.com

Last edited by FSCarver on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

FSCarver

Back to top Go down

Hosting a Hexxit server Empty Re: Hosting a Hexxit server

Post  TheClownOfCrime Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:11 am

I think most people here will be playing Cube World.
TheClownOfCrime
TheClownOfCrime

Back to top Go down

Post  FSCarver Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:21 am

TheClownOfCrime wrote:I think most people here will be playing Cube World.
I know. Still can give it a try though.

FSCarver

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:52 pm

I like the idea. Your link doesn't seem to work.

The problem with Cube World right now is that there's nothing to do but level, so it's sorta hollow. The foundations of a great game are there, and they've created an amazing world, but it's all so static. You can't really influence the world at all. Minecraft's adventure mode may be lacking, but at least it gives you something to work towards in the form of building your own death fortress with mob farms and what not. My favorite thing to do in games like Oblivion and Fallout 3 is wander around exploring and getting into trouble. But in those games you have the couple of main plots you can work through, cause if you didn't it would get boring after a while.

Obviously Cube World is in alpha so I shouldn't be complaining, and I really think even in it's current state it's worth the 15 pounds or whatever it cost.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  FSCarver Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:12 pm

I fixed the link. There was a dot behind it.

Now that I had the chance to play a bit more of Hexxit, it's fun. It feels like I'm starting over again while only knowing the basics.
So far I have seen new biomes including marsh lands, vast mountain ranges and empty plaines.
Small and giant ships filled with mob spawners, human enemies wearing armor and weapons.

There are new passive mobs like armadillos, frogs, birds, horses and rare buffed hostile mobs with rewards like diamond shields that deflect arrows.
Caves are more detailed. If they are in snow biomes caves will be filled with ice blocks, plants that give of light, new flowers and other plants.
I almost forgot to mention the huge trees that get added, besides random castles filled with buffed skeletons and small ruins scattered around.

As for Cube World, right now it just feels bland, boring and buggy. Even limiting the FPS and forcing VSync doesn't keeps the game from using up a lot of my CPU's power.
I know it is still in Alpha, but besides trying to kill overpowered enemies there just isn't much to make me want to purchase it. Not for the current price.
While it may be fun to get new gear, level up and defeat strong bosses, (heck I love games like that) it definetly needs more polishing and work in its current state to make me want to play it for more then a few hours.

FSCarver

Back to top Go down

Post  TheClownOfCrime Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:08 pm

FSCarver wrote:

As for Cube World, right now it just feels bland, boring and buggy. Even limiting the FPS and forcing VSync doesn't keeps the game from using up a lot of my CPU's power.
I know it is still in Alpha, but besides trying to kill overpowered enemies there just isn't much to make me want to purchase it. Not for the current price.
While it may be fun to get new gear, level up and defeat strong bosses, (heck I love games like that) it definetly needs more polishing and work in its current state to make me want to play it for more then a few hours.

Well it's Beta. And it's fun to play with friends. You get "bang for your buck" as it updates. One payment.
TheClownOfCrime
TheClownOfCrime

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:15 pm

TheClownOfCrime wrote:
FSCarver wrote:

Well it's Beta. And it's fun to play with friends. You get "bang for your buck" as it updates. One payment.

It's still in alpha actually, which makes it all the more impressive. (unless of course he adds a few things and considers it feature complete as of beta and all subsequent changes are bugfixes and optimizations.) It's also worth noting that like Minecraft, it's cheaper to buy it in alpha than it will be later.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down