That One Minecraft Server We All Play On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion for creative rules

3 posters

Go down

Suggestion for creative rules Empty Suggestion for creative rules

Post  dustynbush Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:04 pm

I'm back kinda (again >_>). Got Guild Wars 2 outta my system, and am back to just achievement hunting in WoW, so I actually have time for other stuff again.

Anyways,
I've been noticing people talking back and forth on what to do about Creative mode. Obviously we're running into issues with the griefing, and definitely running into a ton of square glowstone houses and all that. I know me and Coops have discussed the issues with Creative more times than I could count, but nothing has really changed yet.

I say we completely start over with a Creative map. Obviously we should keep Myr for spawn-building purposes and all that, but the other maps just have so much "junk" in them that it would take an enormous amount of time to clean them up. It's just a pain, IMO, having to manage multiple Creative maps anyways (not to mention it splits the Creative community). Personally, I'm fine with losing my creations in order to achieve a completely fresh start (I'm not against saving structures though).

So we make a new world purely for Creative mode. Now the number one issue on the other C.Worlds seems to be that everyone gets to just build whatever. I think the best way to solve this would be to set aside a small portion of the new world. Anyone new to that world spawns there, and can't leave the portioned off area. They're free to build whatever they like there. Mods/Admins on the server would be able to check out buildings there, and if they feel like someone has the ability to build, then we can move said person out of the spawn area and into the "real" creation world. Obviously the "judging" would need to be within reason. No crazy expectations or anything. Personally, I would let anyone through who at least puts in a solid effort, and obviously gives a shit about what they're doing. To prevent overcrowding here, we could wipe the spawn every week, two weeks, whatever. Nothing in spawn is supposed to be permanent, it's supposed to be an area to prove you'll actually give a shit about the Creative world and won't just throw junk up all over the place. The server Voxel does this, if you want to see how they handle it. It's worked perfectly for them.

Even if the above isn't possible, I think at the very least we just need to start over. Obviously no one wants the task of cleaning up the current creative worlds (and lets be honest, they look like shit at this point). We could even start slow, and just give Creative perms to the obvious builders (me, Coops, EZCO, etc.), and slowly let people in a little bit at a time, so we can at least keep a handle on things and not get overwhelmed. I would be more than willing to take lead on this, and run the creative side of the server, kind of like how Sirrus is running survival to a point.

Also, would it be possible to setup people with the ability to enter a creative world, but just not have the ability to place or destroy blocks? Like being in Creative mode, but without the block placing/destroying? This might sound shallow, but half the fun of building is showing it off. I almost hate building in Myr because almost no one can actually go there. I'd love to be able to have a creative world where we can pick who builds there based on how to build/act in spawn, while at the same time allowing everyone else the ability to at least fly around the check things out.

Sorry if this is a bit long, but everyone knows by now that I love creative mode in Minecraft, and I love this server (it's the only server I've stuck with for more than a year). I just hate to see creative go the way it is on here.

dustynbush

Back to top Go down

Suggestion for creative rules Empty Re: Suggestion for creative rules

Post  dustynbush Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:07 pm

Care, damnit! >Neutral

dustynbush

Back to top Go down

Post  FSCarver Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:21 pm

We already have Ivalice for the decent builders.
All the bookshelf-house-builders have Mereen for that.

FSCarver

Back to top Go down

Post  dustynbush Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:32 pm

FSCarver wrote:We already have Ivalice for the decent builders.

Doesn't Ivalice still look like crap though? I remember flying through it and it was just filled with random junk. Might be good to just start fresh on that one. It would take forever to clean that place up.

dustynbush

Back to top Go down

Post  FSCarver Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:36 pm

dustynbush wrote:
FSCarver wrote:We already have Ivalice for the decent builders.

Doesn't Ivalice still look like crap though? I remember flying through it and it was just filled with random junk. Might be good to just start fresh on that one. It would take forever to clean that place up.
We moved spawn a long time ago, and so far that one is clean and far away from the previous spawns.

FSCarver

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamyarm007 Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:42 pm

I wouldn't mind cleaning part of the other spawns, although I wouldn't mind a world where we could keep certain builds for motivational purposes.

Kamyarm007

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down