That One Minecraft Server We All Play On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few notes on the transition to 1.3 / new survival world.

4 posters

Go down

A few notes on the transition to 1.3 / new survival world. Empty A few notes on the transition to 1.3 / new survival world.

Post  HeyLookoverthere Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:44 am

Dunno when it's gonna be, if anyone ever hears a target date post it here so I know to get up that morning and update. In the past we've sometimes waited for bukkit to update so we could preserve the old worlds, sometimes we start an "op everyone and fuck around with the new features" world. Now that bukkit is absorbed into Mojang I think the wait will be a short one.

This time around, when we update to vanilla 1.3 we will be playing on the new survival map (Westeros 2) No one will be op, no creative, just every man for himself survival. Once we get plugins back we'll make the fancy spawn and what not. We're still ironing out the rules, but I'll tell you right now that I'm going to be a lot more strict about cheating in this world. Anyone caught* using a hacked client of any kid, or X-ray, fullbright, abusing a glitch or permissions error, tping, vanishing, or doing anything else that we deem unsavory will be banned from the new world, if not the server entirely. I don't care if you use these things in creative worlds, but then why would you.

*"Caught" in this case means "I think you did it." There is no trial, no burden of proof, and no appeals process. Nocheat is a very sensitive plugin, but nine times out of ten I'll take it's word against yours. If I logblock you and you've mined 20 diamond ore in the last half hour, I'm going to assume you're using x-ray, not that you're the luckiest guy in the world.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

A few notes on the transition to 1.3 / new survival world. Empty Re: A few notes on the transition to 1.3 / new survival world.

Post  sirrus86 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:00 pm

I agree to most everything on here.

I've been coming up with a list of rules for West 2, when it's done I'll post it and we can modify it as needed.

My hope was West 2 would be an untouched world before establishing spawn then opening it to everyone else. In any case I don't think we'll be without plugins long, as since Mojang hired Bukkit for this, plugins will probably update much faster.
sirrus86
sirrus86

https://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

A few notes on the transition to 1.3 / new survival world. Empty Re: A few notes on the transition to 1.3 / new survival world.

Post  LinkCLX Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:46 pm

If we can we should tweak nocheat to be more lenient on enchanted tools. As people get kicked by Efficiency IV picks when mining things like sand, netherrakk, or glass.

LinkCLX

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:50 pm

LinkCLX wrote:If we can we should tweak nocheat to be more lenient on enchanted tools. As people get kicked by Efficiency IV picks when mining things like sand, netherrakk, or glass.
Doable, just gotta give ppl certain bypass perms.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  JJoiler Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:36 pm

ive bought this up before but stoping the use of spawners for farming food and grinding XP and somehow possibly fixing stoplag to not kill animals. I use spawners but i always feel it makes everything way to easy
JJoiler
JJoiler

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:02 pm

JJoiler wrote:ive bought this up before but stoping the use of spawners for farming food and grinding XP and somehow possibly fixing stoplag to not kill animals. I use spawners but i always feel it makes everything way to easy

"fixing stoplag to not kill animals" is beyond the scope of my or sirrus' abilities. That being said we could restrict it to just the top three, but I'm not sure it's being abused as it is.

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:51 am

HeyLookoverthere wrote:
JJoiler wrote:ive bought this up before but stoping the use of spawners for farming food and grinding XP and somehow possibly fixing stoplag to not kill animals. I use spawners but i always feel it makes everything way to easy

"fixing stoplag to not kill animals" is beyond the scope of my or sirrus' abilities. That being said we could restrict it to just the top three, but I'm not sure it's being abused as it is.
Yeah I don't think WG comes with a way to specifically exclude a world or entity type from stoplag, and even if it did it'd probably create more problems than it'd fix.

But I do see your point, spawners really take the work out of harvesting livestock. If used correctly, Silk Spawners will only provide you with spawner types that already exist in the world, so spawning animals wouldn't be possible. Besides, knowing me, if I can't move a spawner, I'll just find a dungeon and build a room around it... Actually on second thought I'd be fine with that XD
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum