Plugin Idea: Powers

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  sirrus86 on Tue May 08, 2012 8:53 am

Some updates:

Added the permission s86powers.enable, which is required for powers to work. Basically all tis does is make managing the permissions easier for Hlot and I. It lets us enable powers for certain worlds without having to set each player's powers for each world.

After some research I've learned that control of mobs and animals is incredibly limited since the AI updates. For this reason I can't code players to have pets or followers (unless they're ocelots or wolves of course).

JJoiler
Gunblade - When shooting fireballs (has fire charge, at 2.5 hearts or less), only one can be shot at a time. This prevents them from destroying structures. Attempts to shoot fireballs when one is already active will have you shoot arrows instead, until the first fireball impacts.

LinkCLX
Pig Power - Attack power and resistance increase depending on how many pigs are nearby. When attacked while near pigs a PigZombie is summoned to protect you. I could not for the life of me get pigs to follow the player (see above), which essentially downplays its usefulness. For this reason, it will only count as a perk and can be paired with an ability. Also for some reason any player who does not have s86powers.linkclx = false will get this perk, even though it's coded to only work if it's true.

sirrus86
Endervention - Summoned endermen who manage to kill their target will themselves die, preventing any buildup of endermen. Summoned enderman will also now never target the summoner. If a new enderman is summoned while the previous one still exists, the previous one is killed off. Finally, ender pearls used for teleportation refund the item.

TheClownOfCrime
Vamprisim - Speed effect now properly removed when in sunlight.

Edit: Emailed updated plugin to Carver.
avatar
sirrus86

Posts : 446
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 31
Location : Bangor, ME

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Brainstorming

Post  HeyLookoverthere on Tue May 08, 2012 11:18 am

Bear with me here, I'm a little high. Also are we trying to balance these things or just anything goes? I assume we won't use them in survival games but it'd be cool if we could do some kinda "clash of the titans" thing.

Powers:
1) Power to fling everyone away from you in various directions. Like in that second shitty matrix movie where all the agent smiths pile on him and then he sends them all flying.

2) Random tp when near death. when you get down to 1 heart it tp's you somewhere within 50 blocks.

3) Drill down quickly up to 20 blocks

Perks:
1) always critical when health low

2) Enemy who damages you takes half that damage themselves

3) Defense goes up or down based on your altitude.

4) double XP gain

5) double jump (you can jump once in mid air.)

6) less/no fall damage

7) proximity sensor - alerts you somehow when another player gets within 30 blocks.


Obviously you can fuck with the packets and disguise a player as a mob or another player, but can you disguise a mob as a player? A "decoy" power would be great. Like Loki sorta. They think they've got you but they're just chasing after a chicken.

HeyLookoverthere

Posts : 922
Join date : 2011-05-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  sirrus86 on Tue May 08, 2012 1:05 pm

The original idea of these powers was to be something usable in Ghis, as well as SurvivalGames and the other similar worlds. Since obviously not every contestant would have a perk or ability, there is a degree of balancing that has to take place. No one can be invincible, and in the end a naked player armed with nothing but a wooden sword has to have the potential to be a threat.

heylookoverthere wrote:Powers:
1) Power to fling everyone away from you in various directions. Like in that second shitty matrix movie where all the agent smiths pile on him and then he sends them all flying.

2) Random tp when near death. when you get down to 1 heart it tp's you somewhere within 50 blocks.

3) Drill down quickly up to 20 blocks
1. I'm finding that forceably moving an entity (including players) is not only difficult, but if achieved looks terrible. Probably the closest I could come to this is triggering an explosion at the player's location that doesn't damage the player, but it'd be far from "flinging" anyone.

2. This can be accomplished, though 50 blocks is kinda far. Also if you happen to be near a cave this could probably tp you into it. And there'd have to be a cooldown, otherwise you'd get tp'd like crazy. Since the player isn't directly triggering the effect, this would be considered a perk.

3. This would have the potential to grief structures; I wouldn't be able to make it differentiate from world-generated and player-built. That aside, yeah it's doable, but what would be the point?

heylookoverthere wrote:Perks:
1) always critical when health low

2) Enemy who damages you takes half that damage themselves

3) Defense goes up or down based on your altitude.

4) double XP gain

5) double jump (you can jump once in mid air.)

6) less/no fall damage

7) proximity sensor - alerts you somehow when another player gets within 30 blocks.

Obviously you can fuck with the packets and disguise a player as a mob or another player, but can you disguise a mob as a player? A "decoy" power would be great. Like Loki sorta. They think they've got you but they're just chasing after a chicken.
1. I don't believe there's a way to force critical hits, but you can modify output damage to be greater. So yes, this is doable.

2. Can be done.

3. The only way I've seen where defense can be modified is by applying the Resistance potion effect, which comes in four levels. Oddly enough there's nothing I've seen that lets you set or even check the player's armor level. Otherwise, using the potion effect, this can be done but in only five different levels (including no increase).

4. Can be done.

5. I'm almost certain there's no way to do this. For one there's no event checker for jumping, so it'd involve getting the difference in Y value between two instances. For another, there's no built-in way to make the player jump. Finally, there's no way to check if the player hits a key on their keyboard.

6. Can be done.

7. Hell yeah can be done. Could have it constantly scan for player entities around you then occassionally give you a message reporting who's nearby. The only problem would be the reporting, which has the potential to spam your chat frame, but if you're okay with it so am I.

8. This I'd have to try, in my opinion this is totally doable. I'd have to research messing with packets though if that's what it takes. But with my skill in coding I'd probably only be able to make it so one mob is affected at a time, meaning you'd have to actively trigger it, in essense making this an ability rather than a perk.
avatar
sirrus86

Posts : 446
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 31
Location : Bangor, ME

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  GeorgeIpsum on Tue May 08, 2012 7:27 pm

LinkCLX wrote:LINKCLX
GeorgeIpsum
TNT has a bigger blast radius.

I SENSE A TAD BIT OF RACISM IN THIS POST
avatar
GeorgeIpsum

Posts : 350
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 21
Location : Georgia

View user profile http://sciencethebear.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  sirrus86 on Wed May 09, 2012 8:26 am

Some updates:

FSCarver
Explosive Personality - Added a conditional so the plugin doesn't cause errors when people explode while using Tele++.

JJoiler
Gunblade - Added a conditional so the plugin doesn't cause errors when people explode while using Tele++.

LinkCLX
Pig Power - Finally found out why Link's perk effected everyone, and corrected it.

onlycoops
Sanctify - Right-clicking any glowstone block while empty-handed creates an area-of-effect spell from the glowstone. In a nutshell, it targets any player within 10 blocks of the glowstone, removes all detrimental potion effects, and applies a restoration potion effect. Costs 2.5 hunger to use. This ability was very easy to create, and so far works exactly as intended. I intend to try and add some kind of visual effect to it at some point.

After some testing I came up with a system that works better than individual permissions. As these perks and abilities are being tailored to the players themselves, there's no need for unique permissions. From this point forward, once a given power is considered to be working as intended, the only permission a player will need is s86powers.enable; the rest of it is matched to the player by name.

At this point I'm getting caught up. Here's where we're at so far:

FSCarver
Perk: Explosive Personality
Ability: None

FyreCat
Perk: Fyre Aura
Ability: Fyre Arrow

LinkCLX
Perk: Pig Power
Ability: None

JJoiler
Perk: Reflexes
Ability: Gunblade

onlycoops:
Perk: None
Ability: Sanctify

sirrus86
Perk: Dark Regen
Ability: Endervention

TheClownOfCrime
Perk: Vampirism
Ability: Vampiric Strike (in development)

Want a perk and/or ability? Let me know and I'll get it in.
avatar
sirrus86

Posts : 446
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 31
Location : Bangor, ME

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  Air_spike on Wed May 09, 2012 5:04 pm

[quote="FyreCat"]Fyre's Aura.
Immunity to lava fire damage.
Fyre Arrow.
Turns all arrows into fire arrows.
fyre you stole my idea

Air_spike

Posts : 2
Join date : 2012-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  Air_spike on Wed May 09, 2012 5:19 pm

Passive:
take minimal falling damage
Active:
every two hits with a sword lights enemies/players on fire

Air_spike

Posts : 2
Join date : 2012-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  sirrus86 on Thu May 10, 2012 8:45 am

Some balancing adjustments and new stuff:

Air_Spike
Acrobat - Is always able to jump higher. Damage caused by falling reduced by 66%.

Pyro Blade - Sword strikes have a chance to light their opponent on fire. Stronger swords deal greater fire damage but have a lesser chance of triggering the effect. Can also light opponents by blocking; any melee attacks received while blocking cause no damage and light the opponent on fire.

FSCarver
Explosive Personality - Buffed. Now also grants a resistence effect that increases as health is lost. Added because perk previously did nothing to aid in survival, only damaging everything close to the player when they died.

JJoiler
Reflexes - Nerfed. Projectile-catching ability can now only take place while the player is bare-handed or blocking. Forces the player to prioritize between attacking and defending, rather than being able to do both simultaneously against projectile-based enemies. Also added notification to players when their projectiles are caught by JJ.

Also condensed some of the code.

If there are currently no additional requests, I'll send the plugin to Hlot so we can try it out in Ghis. This will basically be a test version to ensure no conflicts with the server's other plugins; future versions will be made as requests are taken.
avatar
sirrus86

Posts : 446
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 31
Location : Bangor, ME

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  bobby16may on Sat May 12, 2012 3:35 am

This is why I need to check the forums more often...

active:snow meiser-when left clicked with a snowball, water turns to ice

passive:Gills-takes longer to drown underwater. maybe even stack with enchants for water breathing?
avatar
bobby16may

Posts : 47
Join date : 2011-05-02
Age : 20
Location : Fredericton, New Brunswick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  sirrus86 on Sat May 12, 2012 4:14 am

bobby16may wrote:This is why I need to check the forums more often...

active:snow meiser-when left clicked with a snowball, water turns to ice

passive:Gills-takes longer to drown underwater. maybe even stack with enchants for water breathing?

I like it! I'll get it in the next version.

Edit: Did you mean "Snow Miser"? I have no idea what a "meiser" is.

Powers are currently active on the server. These are my assessments so far:

Air_spike
Fire damage caused by blocking needs to be increased, it triggers the effect but not long enough to cause damage. Jump height requested to be increased. Requested immunity to cacti, since cacti are rare shouldn't imbalance perk. Fall damage reduction needs to be reduced (probably from 66% reduction to 50%).

FSCarver
Everything works fine.

FyreCat
Everything works fine.

JJoiler
Haven't tested yet.

LinkCLX
Haven't tested yet. Edit: Works fine.

onlycoops
Haven't tested yet.

sirrus86
Everything works fine.

TheClownOfCrime
Vampirism's speed effect out of sync, causing it to activate and deactivate over and over. Needs further testing. Currently turned off.


Last edited by sirrus86 on Sat May 12, 2012 9:49 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
sirrus86

Posts : 446
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 31
Location : Bangor, ME

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  LinkCLX on Sat May 12, 2012 9:36 am

Pig Power is working fine, i tested getting hit with a diamond sword while wearing diamond armor around some pig spawners. Fyre took hardly any health away XD

LinkCLX

Posts : 253
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  FyreCat on Sat May 12, 2012 4:13 pm

I want to replace Fyre's Aura with something else, or rather change it, can you make it so my items cant burn?
avatar
FyreCat

Posts : 286
Join date : 2011-11-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  LinkCLX on Sat May 12, 2012 4:14 pm

FyreCat wrote:I want to replace Fyre's Aura with something else, or rather change it, can you make it so my items cant burn?
Don't it will make him overpowered enough as he has been camping in that lava house of his long enough. I killed him legitly and his items fell into lava, thus destroying all his inventory.

LinkCLX

Posts : 253
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  FyreCat on Sat May 12, 2012 4:16 pm

LinkCLX wrote:
FyreCat wrote:I want to replace Fyre's Aura with something else, or rather change it, can you make it so my items cant burn?
Don't it will make him overpowered enough as he has been camping in that lava house of his long enough. I killed him legitly and his items fell into lava, thus destroying all his inventory.
he also destroyed my floor to get in and flooded my house
avatar
FyreCat

Posts : 286
Join date : 2011-11-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  LinkCLX on Sat May 12, 2012 4:26 pm

FyreCat wrote:
LinkCLX wrote:
FyreCat wrote:I want to replace Fyre's Aura with something else, or rather change it, can you make it so my items cant burn?
Don't it will make him overpowered enough as he has been camping in that lava house of his long enough. I killed him legitly and his items fell into lava, thus destroying all his inventory.
he also destroyed my floor to get in and flooded my house
Did you forget how you attacked me first? And kept repeatedly spontaneously killing me when i wanted peace?

LinkCLX

Posts : 253
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  FyreCat on Sat May 12, 2012 4:29 pm

LinkCLX wrote:
FyreCat wrote:
LinkCLX wrote:
FyreCat wrote:I want to replace Fyre's Aura with something else, or rather change it, can you make it so my items cant burn?
Don't it will make him overpowered enough as he has been camping in that lava house of his long enough. I killed him legitly and his items fell into lava, thus destroying all his inventory.
he also destroyed my floor to get in and flooded my house
Did you forget how you attacked me first? And kept repeatedly spontaneously killing me when i wanted peace?
I killed you and you said rematch so I fought you again and then I hit gamekills once and you started attacking me and then he said peace and I went into my house when you started breaking in through the floor and flooded my house so what was I supposed to do let you do it again?
avatar
FyreCat

Posts : 286
Join date : 2011-11-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  LinkCLX on Sat May 12, 2012 4:30 pm

FyreCat wrote:
LinkCLX wrote:
FyreCat wrote:
LinkCLX wrote:
FyreCat wrote:I want to replace Fyre's Aura with something else, or rather change it, can you make it so my items cant burn?
Don't it will make him overpowered enough as he has been camping in that lava house of his long enough. I killed him legitly and his items fell into lava, thus destroying all his inventory.
he also destroyed my floor to get in and flooded my house
Did you forget how you attacked me first? And kept repeatedly spontaneously killing me when i wanted peace?
I killed you and you said rematch so I fought you again and then I hit gamekills once and you started attacking me and then he said peace and I went into my house when you started breaking in through the floor and flooded my house so what was I supposed to do let you do it again?
Leave out ALL the fights after we agreed to peace!

LinkCLX

Posts : 253
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  FyreCat on Sat May 12, 2012 4:31 pm

LinkCLX wrote:
FyreCat wrote:
LinkCLX wrote:
FyreCat wrote:
LinkCLX wrote:
FyreCat wrote:I want to replace Fyre's Aura with something else, or rather change it, can you make it so my items cant burn?
Don't it will make him overpowered enough as he has been camping in that lava house of his long enough. I killed him legitly and his items fell into lava, thus destroying all his inventory.
he also destroyed my floor to get in and flooded my house
Did you forget how you attacked me first? And kept repeatedly spontaneously killing me when i wanted peace?
I killed you and you said rematch so I fought you again and then I hit gamekills once and you started attacking me and then he said peace and I went into my house when you started breaking in through the floor and flooded my house so what was I supposed to do let you do it again?
Leave out ALL the fights after we agreed to peace!
We didnt fight after that!
avatar
FyreCat

Posts : 286
Join date : 2011-11-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  LinkCLX on Sat May 12, 2012 4:32 pm

FyreCat wrote:
LinkCLX wrote:
FyreCat wrote:
LinkCLX wrote:
FyreCat wrote:
LinkCLX wrote:
FyreCat wrote:I want to replace Fyre's Aura with something else, or rather change it, can you make it so my items cant burn?
Don't it will make him overpowered enough as he has been camping in that lava house of his long enough. I killed him legitly and his items fell into lava, thus destroying all his inventory.
he also destroyed my floor to get in and flooded my house
Did you forget how you attacked me first? And kept repeatedly spontaneously killing me when i wanted peace?
I killed you and you said rematch so I fought you again and then I hit gamekills once and you started attacking me and then he said peace and I went into my house when you started breaking in through the floor and flooded my house so what was I supposed to do let you do it again?
Leave out ALL the fights after we agreed to peace!
We didnt fight after that!
Forget ALL the things that make my case valid! Forget ALL the witnesses!

LinkCLX

Posts : 253
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  FyreCat on Sat May 12, 2012 4:38 pm

LinkCLX wrote:
FyreCat wrote:
LinkCLX wrote:
FyreCat wrote:
LinkCLX wrote:
FyreCat wrote:
LinkCLX wrote:
FyreCat wrote:I want to replace Fyre's Aura with something else, or rather change it, can you make it so my items cant burn?
Don't it will make him overpowered enough as he has been camping in that lava house of his long enough. I killed him legitly and his items fell into lava, thus destroying all his inventory.
he also destroyed my floor to get in and flooded my house
Did you forget how you attacked me first? And kept repeatedly spontaneously killing me when i wanted peace?
I killed you and you said rematch so I fought you again and then I hit gamekills once and you started attacking me and then he said peace and I went into my house when you started breaking in through the floor and flooded my house so what was I supposed to do let you do it again?
Leave out ALL the fights after we agreed to peace!
We didnt fight after that!
Forget ALL the things that make my case valid! Forget ALL the witnesses!
What makes anything you did valid?
avatar
FyreCat

Posts : 286
Join date : 2011-11-01
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  FSCarver on Sat May 12, 2012 4:40 pm

-Breaking into houses is allowed, as long as damage is minimal
-PvP in Ghis is allowed
-Taking items found on the ground, and raiding farms is allowed

Not going to defend anyone here, but these are some of the rules we made in the beginning of Ghis.

FSCarver

Posts : 867
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  LinkCLX on Sat May 12, 2012 4:41 pm

The fact that you attacked me first makes everything just and gave me the right to kill you. Plus dem witnesses....


(C-C-C-Combo Breaker!)

LinkCLX

Posts : 253
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  FSCarver on Sat May 12, 2012 4:41 pm

LinkCLX wrote:The fact that you attacked me first makes everything just and gave me the right to kill you. Plus dem witnesses....


(C-C-C-Combo Breaker!)
Not really a 'Combo breaker' Razz

FSCarver

Posts : 867
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  sirrus86 on Sat May 12, 2012 5:05 pm

FyreCat wrote:I want to replace Fyre's Aura with something else, or rather change it, can you make it so my items cant burn?
No, once you drop an item (manually or from death) it's no longer identified as your item. The only way it would work is if I made ALL items on the server immune to fire damage... which I'm not doing. The reason it works for Carver's perk is because all he has is one explosion, while fire and lava are continuous damage. If Carver dies in a pool of lava, his items aren't gonna last long.

FSCarver wrote:-Breaking into houses is allowed, as long as damage is minimal
-PvP in Ghis is allowed
-Taking items found on the ground, and raiding farms is allowed

Not going to defend anyone here, but these are some of the rules we made in the beginning of Ghis.
Carver's correct (although I have called "griefer" on someone breaking into someone else's house, my bad...). So long as Link isn't tp'ing to you and isn't breaking your house just to grief it, he's not doing anything wrong. Breaking a "peace" agreement isn't wrong either.
avatar
sirrus86

Posts : 446
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 31
Location : Bangor, ME

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  sirrus86 on Sat May 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Updates so far for S86 Powers v1.1:

Air_spike
Acrobat - Jump boost effect increased, can now jump about 3 blocks higher than normal. Fall damage reduction dropped from 66% to 50%. Now immune to cacti.
Pyro Blade - Blocking now causes attackers to burn longer than before.

bobby16may
Aquatic - Can breath underwater indefinitely.
Snow Miser (sp?) - Can throw snowballs at water to turn them into ice. That's it? That's all you wanted? Well FUCK YOU! Snowballs thrown by bobby will also freeze enemies and players for 3 seconds. The turning water into ice thing is a little hit-and-miss, some throws result in no water being frozen.

FyreCat
Fyre Aura - Now takes damage from snowballs, but is healed by fire charges and fireballs.

TheClownOfCrime
Vampirism - Speed effect recoded to reduce the constant on/off effect from before.

Hidden Effect
I've added a hidden effect to one of the players. I'll add these occassionally just 'cause. Typically they'll offer no tactical advantage, but will be just for fun. Who got the effect? What does it do? You'll have to wait and see to find out.


Last edited by sirrus86 on Mon May 14, 2012 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
sirrus86

Posts : 446
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 31
Location : Bangor, ME

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum