That One Minecraft Server We All Play On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plugin Idea: Powers

+18
ManWithNoNameJr
Kamyarm007
puffpuff26
repete8
blacknova777
hotdogboy666
SkippertheNewt
bobby16may
Air_spike
GeorgeIpsum
HeyLookoverthere
Sunday_verified
JJoiler
LinkCLX
FyreCat
B4ckst4b
FSCarver
sirrus86
22 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Plugin Idea: Powers - Page 8 Empty Re: Plugin Idea: Powers

Post  sirrus86 Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:32 am

Other updates for 2.8:

Brandyn1400
Power Theft - While barehanded, right-clicking another player who has powers allows you to essentially steal their powers; you'll begin using theirs while their powers become disabled. Lasts for 60 seconds. Presumed working, but had no way to test it by myself. Since this ability can potentially populate an offensive, defensive, and passive perk for you, no additional powers may be granted.

FyreCat
Evasion - Recoded to work as previously intended, personally tested to be functional this time.

Gamekills99
Bone Blade - Made bones more accurate.

kamyarm007
Incognito - Blocking with a sword will make you blend into the environment by basically placing blocks over you. Blocks used are determined by the biome you're in, so may not work so well in player-built areas. You also auto-sneak during this time so your nameplate is hidden, but you're frozen in place. Unblocking ends the effect and removes the blocks. You're immune to suffocation damage but there's no way to see through the blocks unfortunately.
Geomancer - While holding any one of several blocks, left-clicking will make you throw that block, causing damage and/or a unique effect to any enemies you hit. 32 different block types can be thrown, most usually dealing moderate damage or a negative potion effect. Some that stand out are: lapis block - if thrown at a player, will disable their powers for 15 seconds; pumpkin - if thrown at a player, will replace their helmet with a pumpkin; TNT - will explode on impact; and wool - spawns a sheep of the same color.

sirrus86
Soul Shatter - If a player is afflicted, effect will now remove itself if they disconnect. I'm assuming this is why it broke the other night.

SkipperTheNewt
Cookie Star - Made cookies more accurate.

toad33
Wolf Pack - Right-clicking with a bone will summon up to 3 wolves to your aide. Maximum of three wolves can be summoned this way, each wolf summoned consumes a bone.
Master Sword - Attacks with a sword can also fire a ghast fireball. Requires and consumed a fire charge for each shot. Fireballs are wildly inaccurate at long range (and you all thought it was the ghast's fault!). Also, firing straight up or straight down causes the fireball to detonate almost immediately. Fireballs do no structural damage.

This concludes version 2.8. Will send to Hlot following this post.
sirrus86
sirrus86

https://www.facebook.com/sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknova777 Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:54 pm

alright I'l give this a try (maybe a bit op or not)

anti matter: while holding redstone torches flings explosions away from nearby, consumes redstone torches (immune to the flinging?)

meteor shower: while holding Obsidian a barrage of ghast fireballs come above and homes in on attackers (one for one maybe? max 15 per reload?)

False illusion: while holding a diamond hoe left clicking on it turns yourself invisible and a copy of yourself starts running towards the attacker

not really much defense but a lot of offensive ability

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:13 am

blacknova777 wrote:alright I'l give this a try (maybe a bit op or not)
Alright, let's see what you got.
blacknova777 wrote:anti matter: while holding redstone torches flings explosions away from nearby, consumes redstone torches (immune to the flinging?)
What explosions? Do you mean you launch TNT? Because once something explodes you can't exactly move it.
blacknova777 wrote:meteor shower: while holding Obsidian a barrage of ghast fireballs come above and homes in on attackers (one for one maybe? max 15 per reload?)
Well it'd be overpowered for it to auto-fire, but otherwise... I'll give it a try.
blacknova777 wrote:False illusion: while holding a diamond hoe left clicking on it turns yourself invisible and a copy of yourself starts running towards the attacker
I can't make your copy run at them, but otherwise it could serve as a decoy.
blacknova777 wrote:not really much defense but a lot of offensive ability
Actually you got a decent mix. Just elaborate on the first one and we might have something.

Notes on following versions:
Last night I received several new requests and some modification requests. These will all be added into v2.9, after which a v2.9.x will be planned for fine-tuning and requested modifications of existing powers (no new requests will be added in 2.9.x). Once this is done, v2.10 will commence which will be a balance update in preparation for Skagos. I'll be starting a new thread temporarily outlining what changes are taking place. Once v2.10 is finished, new requests will be added into the plugin again.

If you wish to see your power added within the next week or so, now's the time to request it, otherwise you'll have to wait until after v2.10 is finished.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknova777 Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:33 am

For anti matter I was thinking of primed TNT, the explosive clock could reset back to four seconds and fling it at the same charge that was fire at, or if somebody placed the TNT it would be a charge of 1 TNT, however if you can't move primed TNT I was thinking of using redstone torches to teleport away form the explosion. (4 torches per TNT?)

meteor shower (if all possible, Its a long shot) I was thinking that ghast fireballs could be stored over head, for example it takes 1 second to store a fireball by clicking the obsidian, so it would take 15 seconds to store 15 fireballs (I would have to stand still to charge of course ) then releasing them. (maybe .2 second delay per shot?)

for false illusion sweet period

Its a long shot, so whatever floats the boat.

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:24 pm

blacknova777 wrote:For anti matter I was thinking of primed TNT, the explosive clock could reset back to four seconds and fling it at the same charge that was fire at, or if somebody placed the TNT it would be a charge of 1 TNT, however if you can't move primed TNT I was thinking of using redstone torches to teleport away form the explosion. (4 torches per TNT?)
Who the hell is flinging TNT at you lol? Anyway I can make you immune to your own TNT's damage, and primed TNT can be given velocity so it can be moved. I'm still not completely sure what you want... Sounds like if someone manages to fire TNT at you, you want it to be fired back at them? I can make this work but that's an incredibly rare occurence...
blacknova777 wrote:meteor shower (if all possible, Its a long shot) I was thinking that ghast fireballs could be stored over head, for example it takes 1 second to store a fireball by clicking the obsidian, so it would take 15 seconds to store 15 fireballs (I would have to stand still to charge of course ) then releasing them. (maybe .2 second delay per shot?)
I can't "store" fireballs, once they're spawned they immediately give themselves velocity, best I can do is try to control the velocity and direction but I can't make them stay still. Oh and 15 fireballs for one block of obsidian? Yes that's incredibly overpowered.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknova777 Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:19 pm

actually can I just push the TNT?
for example someone places some tnt, then ignites it with flint and steel or redstone torch, the primed TNT is there so I can throw back at them with their own TNT, or I could set some TNT and throw it at them it, it would no damage to blocks this way.

for the fireballs no its not 15 fireballs per obsidian its 1 for 1, any chance you can do it like each fireball is slower than the one after? like 15 floating then, attack? if not then I guess it can be auto fire spaced out

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:55 pm

blacknova777 wrote:actually can I just push the TNT?
for example someone places some tnt, then ignites it with flint and steel or redstone torch, the primed TNT is there so I can throw back at them with their own TNT, or I could set some TNT and throw it at them it, it would no damage to blocks this way.
Oh, you wanna throw primed TNT... Yeah I can do that. I think.
blacknova777 wrote:for the fireballs no its not 15 fireballs per obsidian its 1 for 1, any chance you can do it like each fireball is slower than the one after? like 15 floating then, attack? if not then I guess it can be auto fire spaced out
Like I said I can't make fireballs stay in one spot, once they're spawned they start moving. Since this is basically a rapid-fire version of other peoples' base powers, how about you shatter one obsidian, then fire up to five (possibly homing) fireballs, each consuming a fire charge from your inventory? This would save you on obsidian while consuming the same resource others are using.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknova777 Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:34 pm

okay cool

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:31 pm

So I've received several requests, and as some of you know I've become burnt out coding similar powers over and over again, so for the sake of the plugin and everyone involved, I'll be retracting certain requests, as in I won't be making the power you requested. This is for my own sanity and to allow those who DID have original ideas to not have to wait any longer.

Powers I'm cutting:
awsomextreme - Fire TNT from sword, being hit ignites opponent
sirriusxm - Spawner flame effect, shoot flames from sword

Power modifications:
blacknova777 - Reducing number of homing fireballs to 3 for balance and resource-management reasons (in other words, 15 is unfair and can lag the server)
repete8 - Can't add gust effect to arrows because of velocity conflicts (feathers make the arrow go in random directions)

And for everyone else, no I haven't even started, but I will tonight.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:52 pm

Alright, so far for 2.9 I've finished most of the maintainence/fixing powers:

Brandyn1400
Power Theft - Changed method used to determine if you're using someone else's power or not. This new method will also make it possible for me to debug it in-game if it still doesn't work. Couldn't debug before because, how it was coded before, if I used your power it would think I was already stealing someone's power and wouldn't activate.

Gamekills99
Bone Blade - Removed.
Blast Blade - Attacks with a sword will also create an explosion, further damaging all nearby enemies without harming you. Does no structural damage.

kamyarm007
Geomancer - Can now be toggled on and off by left-clicking with a redstone torch.
Incognito - Disabled (still coded, just turned off). This power was just atrocious, I apologize.

After this all that remians are powers for aung77, awsomextreme, blacknova777, and Icecharger.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Neutralizer Grenade - Should no longer, erm, "hatch" when thrown.

aung77
Acrobat - Baiscally copy/pasted Air_spike's power, minus the cactus and fire immunity.
Nether Cloak - Sneaking while having blaze powder in your inventory consumes it, making you invisible so long as you keep sneaking.
Summon Blaze - Right-clicking with a blaze rod consumes it, summoning a blaze at your location. Summoned blazes will ignore you, and (lucky you) I managed to find a workaround that makes them also defend you.

awsomextreme
Haste - You're able to perform hand-related tasks (mining, digging, attacking, etc) much faster than before.

blacknova777
Diversion - When attacked, a copy of you is created at your feet to attack your opponent, while you vanish. Has a ten second cooldown and duration. If the copy is killed you'll be exposed.
Pulse - Left-clicking with a redstone torch causes all nearby entities to be pushed back. Mobs and players aren't pushed back as much, but projectile and TNT and flung back. Has a five second cooldown.
Mortar - Left-clicking with obsidian causes you to shoot off three semi-homing fireballs which will attempt to home in on three random nearby targets. Despite being given an outrageous velocity in the code, these fireballs are kinda slow for some reason. And while they're not as elegant as one would expect from a homing fireball, they DO follow their target. Oh and word of advice: use this outside. Otherwise it's suicide. Consumes nothing since any player that's paying attention can probably avoid it.

Icecharger
Shoot potions with sword - Not gonna lie, got lazy and didn't add it in. Ice is rarely on and this would've been a fairly complex power to create. Maybe some other time.

nazizombies2354
Zombify - Summoned skeletons and zombies will now defend you if you're attacked.

This concludes, blah blah blah, sent to Hlot.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamyarm007 Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:41 am

Did some testing, seems like I have found a bug in the program.

Left click to activate geomancer

Left click to throw stone: Nothing happened.

(Update:12:00pm, seems like when left clicking on the ground, the <Insert power here> is activated would not function properly

also, decided to go with water breathing as a passive (Since I tend to go into oceans for underground/water mines)

and for the defensive ability:Bomb suit!

Yeah, preventing explosion damage

Kamyarm007

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:50 pm

Kamyarm007 wrote:Left click to activate geomancer
Left click to throw stone: Nothing happened.
(Update:12:00pm, seems like when left clicking on the ground, the <Insert power here> is activated would not function properly
The activation/deactivation is triggered when the plugin hooks into the event of you swinging your arm while holding a redstone torch. This means it isn't specifically coded to check if you're clicking or not, just whether you act like you did. For example, you'll notice if you flip a switch by right-clicking while holding a redstone torch, your power will toggle, even though you didn't left-click. I can fix this in the next update so it works whenever you left-click regardless of animation.
Kamyarm007 wrote:also, decided to go with water breathing as a passive (Since I tend to go into oceans for underground/water mines)
and for the defensive ability:Bomb suit!
Yeah, preventing explosion damage
Why split em? I'll just make your passive infinite air and invulnerable to explosion damage. You can still pick a defensive.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamyarm007 Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:25 pm

Well, alright, but if something goes wrong, might go with the previous coding then...

Kamyarm007

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:00 pm

Kamyarm007 wrote:Well, alright, but if something goes wrong, might go with the previous coding then...
Several powers use the "left click to activate" code (and just as many use the "swing arm to activate" code). The overall procedure is the same, it just hooks into a different (though similar) event.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:33 am

Today marks the two-month anniversary of this plugin's inception. I've decided now's as good a time as any to propose a substantial change to S86 Powers.

Originally my plan was to finish the balance update as soon as possible, without adding any additional powers, in preparation for Skagos and MC 1.3. Having learned that MC 1.3 may be farther away than I previously thought, I've been allowing further requests alongside the balance update. But as I'm going through balancing powers I'm also updating some code here and there, and came to the realization my plans for the update following this one may very well require me to undo some of the refining I'm doing.

For those who don't know, my plan has been, following the balance update, to create S86 Powers v3.0. The version will include several enhancements, including the ability to assign generic powers to players and... finally... make the plugin universal.

Thus far I've been coding the plugin to work solely on our server, which from a coding standpoint is much easier. Each power is meant for only one person, so you only have to worry about it being active in one instance. However when I added the /powers use command in v2.5 I quickly came to realize that if more than one person uses the same power, it's a mess (for example, if two people had the Acrobat passive, they'd always have the same jump power; if one person changed it, it would change for both of them). Until recently I wasn't sure how to overcome this, but having gained a little bit more experience, I've figured out a solution, and can therefore get the plugin ready for public use.

So at this time there won't be a v2.10 anymore. The next update will be v3.0, including the requested powers, the balance update, and universal use. That's right, all of your powers will become public use; as they're downloaded by other server admins, players on other servers will be using the powers YOU came up with. What's more is requests will continue, but on an exponential scale: I will begin taking requests from players and admins alike from ANYONE using the plugin. This will also further help me fix any possible bugs as I'll be getting more information at a quicker rate.

This update will now take LONGER than I previously quoted, but I'm almost certain it'll be done before MC 1.3 comes out (unless it comes out early). Unfortunately, for those who have recently requested powers, it'll mean you'll have to wait that long before you can use them.

I will be taking further requests while working on this, so by all means keep em coming.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknova777 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:33 pm

*Applause*

blacknova777

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:04 pm

sirrus86 wrote:(unless it comes out early).

lol!

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  ManWithNoNameJr Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:30 am

I heard sirrus is teh coding guru here. These are some ideas I came up with at 3am...

Passive-Aquarius:When I'm in water I can regen health (dont care how fast)

Active-Webslinger: When I hit someone with a sword, a web spawns on them (not sure if that'll work/op. if not then just tell me and I'll think of something different)

Thanks Smile
ManWithNoNameJr
ManWithNoNameJr

Back to top Go down

Post  FSCarver Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:50 pm

My explosion effect when unphasing doesnt seems to work in Ghis on players.

FSCarver

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:44 pm

ManWithNoNameJr wrote:I heard sirrus is teh coding guru here. These are some ideas I came up with at 3am...
I gots mad skillz yo.
ManWithNoNameJr wrote:Passive-Aquarius:When I'm in water I can regen health (dont care how fast)
You got it.
ManWithNoNameJr wrote:Active-Webslinger: When I hit someone with a sword, a web spawns on them (not sure if that'll work/op. if not then just tell me and I'll think of something different)
How about shooting webs when you swing your sword? And like it creates a web at their location when it hits them.

FSCarver wrote:My explosion effect when unphasing doesnt seems to work in Ghis on players.
Only thing I can think of is your proximity to them. Keep in mind I use TNT to simulate the explosions, and as you know TNT causes less damage the further away a person is from it. I also reduce the explosion's damage by 66%, which is literally handled like this:
1) If an entity is damaged, check to see if it's explosion damage.
2) If it's explosion damage, check to see if TNT from Phasewalk is what caused the explosion.
3) If TNT from Phasewalk is what caused the explosion, take the normal damage to the entity and divide it by 3.
Damage amounts are integers, and Java automatically rounds down an integer. This means if the player would've normally been dealt less than 3 damage, after dividing by 3 they would be dealt NO damage.

Or I could just recheck the coding and test it...
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  HeyLookoverthere Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:56 pm

booooo, booo this guy: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/power/

unless I'm misunderstanding something, his powers seem really dumb.

click: use a power with rightclick with a configurable block
Effect: A nice animation with fire, smoke and more
Explosion: Explosion at the players position (he is invincible)
PotionToUser: Add a configurable potion effect to the user of a power
PoisonToOther: Enemies will loose lives a while
StrikePlayerNearYou: Strike players near the user of a power
Zombie: Spawn 4 zombies around the user
MsgToOther send a configurable message to the other players if somebody use a power
Arrows: Shoot arrows around the player
Weapon: The user gets a diamond_Sword, bow, arrows and golden_apples
Armor: Dress the user in diamond armor
Energy: Heal and feed the user
Platform :Create a platform under the player (usefull after explosion)
FireRing: Create a ring of fire around the player
Appetite: Set enemies to hungry

HeyLookoverthere

Back to top Go down

Post  sirrus86 Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:13 pm

HeyLookoverthere wrote:booooo, booo this guy: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/power/

unless I'm misunderstanding something, his powers seem really dumb.

click: use a power with rightclick with a configurable block
Effect: A nice animation with fire, smoke and more
Explosion: Explosion at the players position (he is invincible)
PotionToUser: Add a configurable potion effect to the user of a power
PoisonToOther: Enemies will loose lives a while
StrikePlayerNearYou: Strike players near the user of a power
Zombie: Spawn 4 zombies around the user
MsgToOther send a configurable message to the other players if somebody use a power
Arrows: Shoot arrows around the player
Weapon: The user gets a diamond_Sword, bow, arrows and golden_apples
Armor: Dress the user in diamond armor
Energy: Heal and feed the user
Platform :Create a platform under the player (usefull after explosion)
FireRing: Create a ring of fire around the player
Appetite: Set enemies to hungry
He's basically created a plugin that allows the server owner to mix various effects from the above list to create their own powers. You could call it the evil twin to my plugin; while his allows users to create their own powers, what they can create them from is limited, whereas mine are basically tailor-made as they're requested and can be as specific as a person wants. For example, you don't see "walk through walls" or "create copies of self" on there.

Way I see it, he's the Wal-Mart to my Versace; if you want something that kinda fits, is simple and passable to the untrained eye, he's the better option (no turnaround time), but if you know what you want and want it done your way, then my plugin will probably be the better choice.
sirrus86
sirrus86

Back to top Go down

Post  FSCarver Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:58 pm

Too lazy to quote that piece of text.

But no, I was standing right next to people when unphasing and they didn't got damaged.
There was an explosion effect however.

FSCarver

Back to top Go down

Post  ManWithNoNameJr Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:51 pm

sirrus86 wrote:
ManWithNoNameJr wrote:I heard sirrus is teh coding guru here. These are some ideas I came up with at 3am...
I gots mad skillz yo.
ManWithNoNameJr wrote:Passive-Aquarius:When I'm in water I can regen health (dont care how fast)
You got it.
ManWithNoNameJr wrote:Active-Webslinger: When I hit someone with a sword, a web spawns on them (not sure if that'll work/op. if not then just tell me and I'll think of something different)
How about shooting webs when you swing your sword? And like it creates a web at their location when it hits them.

FSCarver wrote:My explosion effect when unphasing doesnt seems to work in Ghis on players.
Only thing I can think of is your proximity to them. Keep in mind I use TNT to simulate the explosions, and as you know TNT causes less damage the further away a person is from it. I also reduce the explosion's damage by 66%, which is literally handled like this:
1) If an entity is damaged, check to see if it's explosion damage.
2) If it's explosion damage, check to see if TNT from Phasewalk is what caused the explosion.
3) If TNT from Phasewalk is what caused the explosion, take the normal damage to the entity and divide it by 3.
Damage amounts are integers, and Java automatically rounds down an integer. This means if the player would've normally been dealt less than 3 damage, after dividing by 3 they would be dealt NO damage.

Or I could just recheck the coding and test it...

Screw this quoting stuff.
Uhh ya for the Webslinger that sounds awesome Smile thanks sirrus
ManWithNoNameJr
ManWithNoNameJr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next